Air BnB was robbed and host won’t do anything

Air BnB was robbed and host won’t do anything

Hi everyone. Two weeks ago my mother and I were staying in an air bnb apartment in LA where we were robbed. All doors and windows were locked. Unfortunately, about $700 in cash, a MacBook Air, a charger, a tablet, and a kindle were taken from us. The man working in the lobby was able to find a video of 4 20-3 year olds entering our room with a code and stealing our stuff. They were out within 4 minutes. We alerted our host but she did not seem to care. She would not even issue us a refund. We filed a police report but I just want to know what else we should do. We were not at fault here, so this just seems like a very unfair situation. 

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Savannah76 

Sorry to hear about this bad experience

A host is not responsible for your personal belongings.

(Although an investigation can show the accommodation lock system was unsafe/unreliable)

But at first It is a matter of involving police and yourTravel Insurrance

Regarding position of Airbnb:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3221/what-is-and-isnt-protected-by-aircover

@Emiel1 thank you for your response. We got the police involved a week ago. I’m just wondering if there any actions we can take against our host since we have proof that the break in was due to her negligence. She’s also acting very shady and not answering/not giving us any sympathy or even a refund for our stay. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Savannah76, I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you. I've notified the team about this. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thank you so much. Let me know if you need any more information.