Air bnb has lost a $2000 payment to me and I can’t get a supervisor to speak to! Please help!

Priscilla180
Level 1
Kealakekua, HI

Air bnb has lost a $2000 payment to me and I can’t get a supervisor to speak to! Please help!

A payment of $2000 to me has been lost by air bnb and I can’t have one conversation with a supervisor? This couldn’t come at a worse time. Hawaii has adopted very strict air bnb laws and in order to continue doing an air bnb out of my home, all taxes must be up to date by Monday, that was my tax payment. It has been 10 days since I first reported this and still have not been able to even speak to a supervisor. Instead  after numerous call to customer service, begging them to escalate me to payments, I finally got a woman named Victoria who was very short and uncaring explaining that no supervisor would speak to me at this time, I would need to wait 10 more days to speak to a supervisor! What? Why? Meanwhile, checks to pay my utilities are bouncing and incurring NSF fees one after the other! Please help?! I just want to know what happened to my money? 

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Priscilla180 

I'd be inclined to msg @Laura_C who is Head of Customer Services and see if she can put something in place as I'm sure that ABB don't wish to lose Hosts & Customers in Hawaii.

Meanwhile, if you haven't already network with other locals and set the ball rolling to stand up to your local authorities - there's always grey areas in laws.

All the best from a sunny spring day in Auckland, NZ

aloha Helen,

I have been networking with a few locals here, so far no luck. Thank you for the info, will try message laura now,

thank you for the encouraging words

Mahalo

Priscilla