AirBnB Guest

AirBnB Guest

Hi AirBnB,

Couple of questions (In General) -->

1)

Why some of the guest photo profiles are not their actual photos (sometimes it is flower,bicycle) then as a host how do we ensure the authenticity/genuiness of the guest is actually genuine..

2)

In a scenario where guest refuses to vacate on the checkout date or messes up things what is the actual remedy from AirBnB.

Thanks..

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Lakshmi8,

Airbnb requests that guests have a profile photo but doesn't require them to. Some guests have no photo at all. When I get a booking whit no photo or a photo with no face I message the guest and ask them to upload a face profile photo or send me one. If guests don't respond I contact Airbnb support.

The message I send is:

I welcome guests personally when they arrive.
So as I can recognise you and welcome you by name would it be possible to upload or send here a face photo?
Sales people often call here so it's nice to be able to recognise guests immediately when I open the door.

If a guese doesn't leave contact Airbnb support immediately. This is to record the fact that the guest is refusing to leave. Getting the guest out of your listing will be up to you though. Depending on local laws you may be able to involve the police.

The process to claim from a guest who causes damage is described in the article below.

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/264

Steve.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lakshmi8  AirBnB has rules about late check out you can use to request money. Damages you're basically on your own as they really do not collect a security deposit. 

Policy on Late Checkouts and Overstays:

8.2.2 You agree to leave the Accommodation no later than the checkout time that the Host specifies in the Listing or such other time as mutually agreed upon between you and the Host. If you stay past the agreed upon checkout time without the Host's consent (“Overstay”), you no longer have a license to stay in the Accommodation and the Host is entitled to make you leave in a manner consistent with applicable law. In addition, you agree to pay, if requested by the Host, for each twenty-four (24) hour period (or any portion thereof) that you Overstay, an additional nightly fee of up to two (2) times the average nightly Listing Fee originally paid by you to cover the inconvenience suffered by the Host, plus all applicable Guest Fees, Taxes, and any legal expenses incurred by the Host to make you leave (collectively, "Overstay Fees"). Overstay Fees for late checkouts on the checkout date that do not impact upcoming bookings may be limited to the additional costs incurred by the Host as a result of such Overstay. If you Overstay at an Accommodation, you authorize Airbnb (via Airbnb Payments) to charge you to collect Overstay Fees. A Security Deposit, if required by a Host, may be applied to any Overstay Fees due for a Guest’s Overstay.