AirBnB Removed all the options to contact them through the Help Center

Tolga1
Level 2
New York, NY

AirBnB Removed all the options to contact them through the Help Center

Hi there,

It's never been easy to contact AirBnB.  the last time I needed to you had to work your way through their canned answers in the Help Center and if you got to the end of the line without an answer you had the option to email your question to AirBnB.

It seems that option is now gone and it just sends you over to the community help, which frankly, is useless for my questions, thank you.

To those that say "just search 'contact Airbnb' in the Help Center" you are wrong, it gives you useless garbage results like "How to contact your guest." like I'm an idiot.  It's frustrating that AirBnB rakes in bizillions from our efforts, excising every penny possible, but can't be transparent in offering real support you can actually reach without wasting hours on their terrible (and largely useless) site/help center.

End rant.

So my questions are three-fold:

1.) Renters with reservations for 1 or 2 people are rolling up into our cozy cabin (i.e. lying) with 4-5+ people.  How do I report this, and charge  them for the additional guests/wear and tear.  Please tell me there is an easier way then filing a dispute in resolution center every time.

2.) For groups that admit/book with 3+ guests (over which I charge $15/per night per additional guest) it does not look like AirBnB is charging the fees entered in for the additional guests.  Look at the reservation for my cabin listing for Oct. 28-30th.  5 guests and NO ADDITIONAL FEE?!

3.) Smart Pricing/bookings.  I set minimum prices for our cabin of over $100/night for weekends ($145 I believe) but for the same booking as in #2 AirBnB allowed them to book at $72/night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now if I cancel them because of this issue I will get a strike against me while AirBnB is forcing hosts to take their terms unilaterally.

Apologies for the tone of this email but AirBnB is increasingly becoming like the eBay of the late-00's and is more and more untenable financially with each of their changes from on high.

Thank You,
   Tolga

P.S> Please restore the ability to *easily* report a question/reach out to support via help center.  You take enough of our money to justify some sort of available help staff.

9 Replies 9
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Tolga1,

Sorry for your frustration but have you checked out my link for contacting Airbnb (at the end of this post)?  I can assure you that you can still access Airbnb the three ways I provided including the way you spoke about here.

1) If the renters have checked out, you need to use the resolution center.  If the guests are there, use the alteration tool and if they decline, remove the extra people from the listing.  It is important to have clear rules about this.  here are three rules I have which has helped me:

• Only registered guests are allowed in the suite.
• If a guest brings more people than were booked, the reservation will be cancelled with no refund.
• All children (including infants) are considered guests and must be included in the occupancy count.

2) I took a look at your listing and it does appear that the extra guests should be charged for.  Are these special offers?

3) Smart Pricing overrides your weekend pricing which is also explained in the Smart Pricing help article.  You will need to go into your calendar and manually override the weekends and they will stick. https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1168/smart-pricing--set-prices-based-on-demand

It states: "Once you turn on Smart Pricing, your prices will be automatically updated within the parameters you set. Smart Pricing works for all open nights on your calendar, and you can still set custom prices for specific days."

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your thorough and helpful response.  That said the fact that I, as an experienced AirBnb Host of 3-years needs to waste an hour to find this information is a problem.  AirBnB makes thousands of dollars per year off my listings and to have such terrible, inaccessible support isunacceptable.

The guide you referred me to is 6-pages long, another sign there is a problem.  I get it, they don't want a million trivial emails but there are much better ways to do this than they are doing it.  Option #1 you offered is I guess a decent option for the non-critical contacts.  Using Twitter for it seems laughable and I don't have one.

Like my issues with their support the way you explain overriding smart pricing works reaffirms that AirBnB is made to work for *THEM* not hosts and how out-of-touch they are.  How hard would it be to make it work and respect our limits properly. The current method seems engineered for them to get more bookings/earn money even while it screws hosts with overly low priced bookings.

Same goes for the extra guests thing.  Now I have to chase down AirBnB to correct their errors with our bookings, what a racket they have.

Thanks,

Tolga

I now see you were successful in chasing down Airbnb @Tolga1!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Dindo0
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

Hi Airbnb,

I wanted to contact you to check how can I cancel an item in Resolution Center.

I've mistakenly sent money to my guest through resolution center due to a refund/change of dates requested by my guest.

I couldnt find a way on how to cancel it and I cant find a way to contact your help center.

Thanks,

Dindo

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I always telephone Airbnb when I have the need and they respond quickly. Most of the representatives are great, polite and efficient. I got this list easily by typing "contact" in the search box in the help center.

United States and Canada +1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Argentina +54 11 53 52 78 88
Australia +61 2 8520 3333
Austria +43 72 08 83 800
Brazil +55 21 3958-5800
Chile +56229380777
China +86 10 5904 5310
400 890 0309 (shared-cost)
Denmark +45 89 88 20 00
France +33 1 84 88 40 00
Germany +49 30 30 80 83 80
Greece +30 211 1989888
Hong Kong +852 5808 8888
Ireland +353 1 697 1831
Israel +972 3 939 9977
Italy +39-06-99366533
Japan +81 3 4580 0999
+81 800 100 1008 (toll-free)
Mexico +52 55 41 70 43 33
Netherlands +31 20 52 22 333
New Zealand +64 4 4880 888
Norway +47 21 61 16 88
Peru +51 1 7089777
Poland +48 22 30 72 000
Portugal +351 30 880 3888
Puerto Rico +1 787 919-0880
Russia +74954658090
88003017104 (toll-free)
South Korea +82 2 6022 2499
+82 808 220 230 (toll-free)
Spain +34 91 123 45 67
Sweden +46 844 68 12 34
Switzerland +41 43 50 84 900
United Kingdom +44 203 318 1111

How To Get Airbnb Contact Number If It Is Not Listed Above?

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account and choose "Your Reservations" from the "Host" dropdown list.

your reservations.png

Step 2: From your list of reservations, choose "Print Confirmation".

print confirmation.png

Step 3: The "Itinerary" from the reservation you chose will load in a new tab. Scroll down and on the right hand side, you will see a section for "Customer Support". Look below and you will see a phone number listed for your area.

Margo12
Level 10
Cutten, CA

It is IMPOSSIBLE to contact AirBnB.  You have to click on all sorts of irrelevant buttons (making up a problem that is not listed) to get to the 'send email' button at the end of a road.  This is intolerable.

The system is not operating as it should - says a link/security code was sent to me, but it wasn't - and I shouldn't have to waste an hour of my life just trying to find an Airbnb person to respond.  I'm trying to change my payment method - something the website says you can do online, but then it turns out I can't.

Am I going to get a response?  I have my doubts...

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Margo12 - the person who posted directly above you listed all the phone nunbers for contacting Airbnb including the US customer service - have you tried giving them a call to explain you are having technical issues?

Yep. I was thrilled to see those #s.  I had done exactly the same search and didn't come up with any telephone numbers. I was typing that post as I was on hold.  I'm still on hold.  I've been on hold with the San Francisco # for the past 20 minutes.   🐵

But, I sent an email first ... as that seems to be the Corporate preference.

Lindsay49
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I totally sympathise and agree that airbnb should have an efficient pathway to dialogue with them regarding queries that, as you say, don't fit in to the drop down box or community routes. We are quite new to this and have had a good experience overall (until one of my guests dog's bit me!) Given that I find most of their service efficient I am surprised at this communication gap in their set up.