AirBnB customer service not addressing my issue!

Denise438
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

AirBnB customer service not addressing my issue!

I've sent customer service several emails regarding an extremely vulgar response I received from a Host!  I've sent them screen shots, etc and they are ignoring me or telling me I haven't given them enough information.  Not sure what else to do at this point.  It seems ridiculous that a HOST could 'get away' with responding to someone like they did.  

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Whilst it might be interesting to know what the host said I guess its not necessary in order to answer your question.

You could try twitter or just ring up and try another customer service person. Alternatively walk away and forget it - Hosts should NOT be rude or innapropriate but what do you really want Customer Service to do? I assume you won't be staying with this host!

@Denise438   Are you currently staying with this host? If so, I can understand your need to take urgent action on this communication breakdown. But if you're just in the request phase and felt offended by the response, the only action you really need to take is to not give this person your business.

If that isn't sufficient for you, perhaps it would help to paste in the direct quote  that upset you and explain what you feel a suitable result should be.

Denise438
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

I am not currently staying with this host.  I am trying to get any kind of response from AirBnB with 3 different customer services reps.  I give them all the information and the VULGAR response and still nothing.  I'm shocked that an organization that supposedly 'prides' itself on doing the right thing would react this way.  I also found out that this host is a Professor at a University in Florida.  Wonder if they know what king of faculty they employ.........

@Denise438  There's people in all walks of life who say vulgar, nasty things to other people. Most of us just ignore it and forget it. What exactly do you expect Airbnb to do? You've reported it- I don't know what more you expect to happen. 

@Denise438  I'm not clear what you want to happen here.  Do you want airbnb to ban the host?  Are you inferring you want to get the host fired from his/her job?  I don't know what  you categorize as vulgar, but I would hope it would be something world class terribly if you wish to ruin this person's life.  I'm also not sure what  you are asking people on this forum...you've contacted airbnb and are making your case with them, so unless you want to share these horrific messages, there isn't much else for you to do.

PS...airbnb is likely still dealing with the ongoing travel fall out of people cancelling trips throughout the summer....possibly they have more pressing concerns than 'vulgar' messages.  Just a thought 

@Denise438  OK seriously, I don't know what kind of help you want from Airbnb, but more to the point I really don't know what kind of help you think people on a message board can give you. Do you really think anyone is going to share your outrage at this allegedly "vulgar response" if you don't even want to say what it was?

It's really hard to imagine that anything someone could have said in a response could merit this vendetta you seem to have against him. I know everyone's getting a little crazy being stuck in quarantine with too much time on their hands, but seriously now. Why are a few words really worth all this emotional investment in a complete stranger who you're not even staying with?