AirBnb customer service is not well trained

AirBnb customer service is not well trained

AirBnb customer service is not well trained.  For my reservation 43Dxxx, I wanted to change the checkout date.  Since the original reservation was for more than 30 days, it defaulted to the long term cancellation policy which meant that I had to pay at least 30 days no matter what.  I contacted the host and she was fine with me changing the reservation and only paying for the 9 nights I wanted to stay since this was 35 days before check-in and she had plenty of time to rent the additional days.  I reached Ted M. at AirBnb customer service and we calculated the correct price for 9 nights (base price, additional guest fee, weekly discount, cleaning fee, service fee, currency exchange fee) and he emailed the host for approval.  The host approved.  Two days after the host's approval, there was still no action from AirBnb so I called again and reached James L.  He said that because of currency changes the price would be about USD15 more than what Ted M. calculated.  I was fine with that but when he entered the change into the computer system the price jumped to USD100 more and he didn't know why.  It was up to me to figure out why.  I asked James L. what he entered in to the computer system and it turns out that the system wants the price not including service fee and currency exchange fee.  So neither Ted M. nor James L. knew what he was doing.  I asked James L. to now enter the price without service fee and currency exchange fee and he refused.  He said any additional price changes had to be approved by the host.  I countered that the price that the host had already approved showed the breakdown of service fee and currency exchange fee so she understood the amount she would receive.  James L. still refused and suggested that I request additional money back using the "Resolve Issue" interface.  AirBnb's customer service likes to waste their host's and guest's time and energy because they are not trained well enough to use their own computer systems!

0 Replies 0