AirBnb long term stay cancellation policy

Max1720
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

AirBnb long term stay cancellation policy

Can someone explain long term stay cancellation policy? I understand that usually first 48 hours is free cancellation, but after that 

cancel before 3:00 PM on 20 Feb and get a full refund, minus the first 30 days and the service fee.

For example if the property costs 500 and cleaning and service fee is 500 each, what kind of refund can I expect if I decide to cancel a week before on the 13th of February for example?

Kind Regards,

Max

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Max1720 

You get the refund which you mention already in your post. In other words: you have to pay 30 nights rent + Airbnb Guests Service fee.

As long term stays are payed in monthly installments, you only refund is the cleaning fee and the local taxes (if any)

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Max1720 

My understanding of the long term refund policy is that if you cancel after the 48 hours grace period, you forfeit 30 paid days to the host as well as the service fee.

When paying for a long term booking, you pay a first month down payment, so expect to be refunded solely the cleaning fee portion. Any refund above this is at the hosts discretion. 

What if you cancel more than 30 days before the stay starts?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Jessica2657,

I can see that you've researched this topic based upon the numerous older threads you've commented/inquired on.  In addition to asking questions here, you should also read the official policies on the Airbnb Help Centre. 

If you want to cancel a reservation: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1361/cancellations-of-longer-stays

Cancellation (and refund) policies: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/475/cancellation-policies-for-your-listing

If it's been longer than 48 hours since you made the reservation, and you decide to cancel before arrival.  You are not entitled to a full refund, and the penalty is the first 30 days of the booking.  It's your responsibility to read, research and understand the cancellation policy before completing the reservation.  Also, you should always purchase travel insurance to protect your travel investment.