Airbnb Calendar Blocked... But I didn't do that...

Keith39
Level 3
Palm Springs, CA

Airbnb Calendar Blocked... But I didn't do that...

Hi All,

All of a sudden today it seems that my Airbnb calendar is showing entirely blocked.  But I didn't do that... Calendar sync with my external calendar-of-record is working (that is, booked dates from other systems are showing up), but all my dates are overridden as "blocked".  

This seems to have just happened today.  Also, other calendars that my Airbnb calendar feed into are also showing blocked as a result.

Anybody else seeing this strange behavior?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Keith

32 Replies 32
Dee33
Level 10
Reston, VA

I just noticed the same thing happened to me.

Thanks so much for your reply!  OK, so I'm not completely insane!  Anyway, I think I fixed the problem by manually going in and unblocking all dates, then tweaking "availability" settings.

But that was quite annoying and I'm worried about this happening again.  I do hope Airbnb support actually looks at this board.  Seems to be a bug going on.

@Keith39 AirBnB support does NOT follow the discussions here in the Community Center. But you can file a report ("bug") on AirBnB's site. Go into their Help Center, then, along the left side, click on Feedback. In the page that appears, scroll down and click Report a Bug.

Even though you've at least temporarily solved the problem for your listing, I recommend going ahead and filing the report in case AirBnB isn't aware of it happening, or to add one more data point if they are already aware.

Ditto, @Dee33. Since it happened to you, too, file a report if you can.

Thanks Dede, I also reported through the Help Center.

Thanks, Dede!  I did post a detailed feedback message about that.  I might also put in a phone call.  Based on responses here, this is looking like a possibly widespread issue.  (And I think I pretty much caught it right as it happened.)

i had the exact same problem.....thought it was because i am new.....

Renate30
Level 1
San Luis Obispo, CA

Happening to me too.  But trying to unblock is not working.

OK, this must be general buggy behavior.  I reported to @AirbnbHelp on Twitter.

Keith39
Level 3
Palm Springs, CA

Additionally, I now find that my "Availability" settings are not working as desired.  I think that might be the source of this bug/issue.  Reporting this to @AirbnbHelp on twitter...

Peter337
Level 1
Hoofddorp, NL

Same happened for me today. Last 2 days it happened with 10 /11 jan 2017. This evening with mkost days of January till July. Just to avouid risks are disconnected my calendar from Google calendar.

Elly0
Level 4
Eugene, OR

I reported this on Twitter. I also was able to resolve by fiddling with Availability settings / Booking window. Was able to save settings to show available dates, but unpredictably will block all.

Thanks for that detail.  What I'm seeing is that tweaking my Availability settings does nothing for me now.  Also, it looks like anywhere that I haven't manually deleted the "block" is blocked (e.g., in my case, all dates from Oct 1 2017 infinitely out into the future).  There's definitely a bug going on here...

Lucinda-Beaumont0
Level 2
Riding Mill, United Kingdom

Exactly the same problem here. Tweaking the settings does no good. If anyone finds a work around please shout...

Elly0
Level 4
Eugene, OR

It seems to display a shorter span of available dates than the setting, so 6 months blocked all, but 12 months unblocks about 3 months. I think All Future Dates works to unblock longer, but not all. I don't want to mess with my settings to test!