Sheffield, United Kingdom

Airbnb Customer Service is **bleep**e

Airbnb Customer Service is **bleep**e.  Do something about it Ken

8 Replies 8
Diana495
Level 10

I didn't write an offensive word btw

@Diana495 I'm sorry you are having difficulties.

I'm not sure who "Ken" is, but is there something specific you were needing help with?

This place is not AirBnB support, but if you have something you need we can try to provide some help. 

(We are just other hosts and guests here...)

Diana495
Level 10

Matthew, as Airbnb users you will be well versed with the poor levels of customer service then.  Presumably this is in place in part due to the lack of support from Airbnb.  I don't know who Ken is either btw

AirBnB did state that they know they have issues with customer service. I was also wondering who Ken is.

David
Diana495
Level 10

Airbnb model is poor.  They employ people who don't have a good grasp of English.  Their software is fully of errors.  Their service is patronising, amongst ither things.

Nabeel0
Level 2
Road Town, British Virgin Islands

There customer service centre is in Philippines and sometime they take 15 minutes just to verify your name and email address.

@Diana495 I just mentioned "Ken" because your original message said "Do something about it Ken"

I think they just employ people with no prior customer experience. I've had some wonderful interactions with Customer Service. Today, however, I spoke with someone who only seemed to be able to regurgitate answers from the manual.

I don't expect a lot from the 12% fee they charge guests, but hosts are the "engine" that makes the platform work. They need to get the beginners out of that office quick.

I was just talking to Verizon, had an issue, the CS rep (also young) stayed on the phone, walked through various diagnostics with me, determined I had a bad app, but looked for outage reports while I deleted the app and reloaded. Also analyzed my account and told me there were options for upgrade (like unlimited data) but I didn't really need them. In the past month I've talked to their  Customer service about using an international plan while I was in Scotland, and reporting one of my daughter's phones as stolen so the device ID would be flagged.

I want the same level of service from Airbnb. That's only going to happen if Airbnb hires more experienced people and gives their staff more power to research a problem and fix it. I can read the manual myself. If I'm calling it's because I have a different level of concern that is not addressed by the manual.

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.