Airbnb 'Customer Service'

Wendy1071
Level 8
Mississauga, Canada

Airbnb 'Customer Service'

I am frustrated trying to reach customer service.  I am a host who voluntarily refunded my guests payout as covid changed their plans.  According to my cancellation policy and their cancellation being close to their check in date, I would have been paid in full.  The reservation was for 32 days. Today, the check in day, I received a notice from Airbnb that they had refunded the guest in full according to my cancellation policy.  This message differed from Airbnb's original message when they cancelled stating I would be paid in full. 

So Airbnb has refunded their payment (so they say) and I have refunded them also.  

Every number listed for Airbnb support says it's changed and to check the website for the correct number.  If this number is there, its very well hidden as I can't find it.  What's going on community ambassador members?   What is the number to call to get a live person?

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Wendy1071 

A 32 nights stay is a "long term stay" and automatically has the "long term stay cancelation policy" atached, overruling the cancellation policy you have set in your listing. It means the guest is not refunded for the first 30 nights. Not clear to me why Airbnb gives a full refund "according to your cancellation policy", as you should receive at least 30 nights (excluding the cleaning fee).

BTW Unless the cancellation was done because the guest was infected by COVID (Extenuating Circumstances Policy)

Did you check your Transaction History pages for this reservation ?

If your manually full refund is processed correctly it will show the amount for the reservation is zero.

If there is a negative amount to be deducted from future payouts, something went wrong.

Phone number for cananda is listed here:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

But if it has changed i suggest to use:

Airbnb Help: contact