Airbnb Doesn't release my payment on time

Serafina2
Level 4
Bp, Hungary

Airbnb Doesn't release my payment on time

Hello Everyone,

My guest has arrived yesterday and my payout should have been initiated by airbnb the next day (today at noon Central European Time). This hasn't happened and the payout is still listed as "futue transacton". This has never happened to me before and i am worried. I have contacted airbnb help and they told me that i should rest assured that this will be resolved. Has anybody ever encountered similar issues?

Best

Serafina

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Yes, i experienced it. It happens when "next day" is in the weekend. In my country intern. payments are not even processed in the weekend. Even national payments go in snooze status, unless it is within the same Bank. I firsts did not want to believe it, unless i looked it up, and yes, our organisation "Equens" simply say on Friday after 22:00: see you next Monday !

Best regards,

Emiel

Hi Emiel,

In my case it is not the banks who don't process the payment, it is airbnb. It is still listed as future transaction, even though airbnb has a policy to release the payout after 24 hours. Has anything like that happeneed to you? 

Bytheway, try out payoneer. The moment airbnb releases the cash, it arrives on your account there.

Best to you

Serafina

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi Serafina,

Yes, i experienced this also a few times. It happens on occasions when reservation had a (confirmed) change before arrival.

After complaining Airbnb "kicks it off", done by the Fin. Dep in London, not by CS in Dublin who has to forward the request.

Which they BTW did quickly in every occassion, mostly same day. But should go automaticaly.

In first days prices where only in Euro (without Eurocents). After the "cents" came in, the trouble started, in my experience.

Best,Emiel

Yes, occasionally w ABB 24 hours actually means 26, 28, 30 ....

ive been pleasantly surprised to find that HomeAway pays me within 24 hour of guest payment (whether that is 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year prior to arrival)

its nice to benefit from the float time rather than having the platform have the hold time

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Serafina2,

Great to meet you, I am sorry to hear you concern with your payment.

As it has been a few more days now, I just wondered if the payment has updated in your "Transaction History"?

It would be good to hear any update you have.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello Lizzie and everybody who took the time to reply,

Yes, airbnb has managed to pay me by now. They explained to me that there was some glitch with regards to Payoneer (the company that they pay out through). I have no way of knowing what exactly went wrong. 

Probably it was me overreacting when they payout wasn't processed on time but it was so reliable up until now, that i suspected something seriously wrong is going on. In any case, thank you all for taking the time to reply and now i can see that my problem isn't unique, or bothersome.

Best

Serafina

Mel72
Level 1
Canterbury, New Zealand

Im having this exact problem now so its definately not a one off! Im a first time user aswel so not the best of starts (guests arrived thursday today is sat)

You could talk to airbnb about that. They fixed my problem very fast. Usually this service is reliable and i gained trust in airbnb as they fixed my problem.

hi serafina, im a new host with new listed property and im experiencing the same thing. it is been more few days had gone and i have't received my payout yet thru airbnb? what is the best number to reach them? i send chat/msgs already but no luck/response yet. thank you in advance.

you can contact them by clicking on "help" and going to the help center and then click on "contact us". I'd suggest you ask them to call you back, which usually happes in a few minutes. They have very competent people over there and i think that they will solve your problem.