Airbnb Insurance

Waybridge0
Level 2
New York, NY

Airbnb Insurance

Airbnb has been the WORST when it comes to using their insurance for damages caused by guest. I had a guest, **, that broke my strict cancellation policy, broke a lot of my house rules with noise, ruined my toilet, I had to change the locks because I suspect he was using illicit drugs in my apartment, accused ME of having heroine in my apartment (probably his stash) flushed down a brown powder down my toilet and who knows what other paraphernalia because toilet isn’t working properly, the guest charged me $800 under charges to get his money back despite him breaking my strict cancellation policy, the guest also managed to have airbnb adjust the reservation even though I didn’t manually change nor cancel his reservation since he decided to leave on his own after he ruined my toilet, and airbnb did NOTHING ABOUT IT! I’ve been dealing with this issue since January 2021 and it’s April 2021. On top of it, the guest has 1 review and they believed him or haven’t done their due diligence - I have 49 4-5 star reviews and I’m a super host. The guest also stopped his payment via his credit card so second payment couldn’t come through. Airbnb kept passing me from department to different departments for months! They had me speak to an Indian guy last trying to get me to fool me into signing different contracts that protect themselves (airbnb) and not me. He promised me the payment for plumbing, lock changes and It’s the day of today and I still have not gotten any money from airbnb  insurance. As a matter a fact, I will post this in every single community comment box so people can know how badly airbnb has handled my case until it gets resolved. Not only did the guest ruin my travel plans (the guest reserved for 2 months, but left 10 days after by choice) but I lost money and airbnb adjusted the reservation benefiting this guest that framed me. I warn every host from this guest ** - he also had left his previous airbnb reservation as well and wanted to book my place the same day he left his other airbnb location but I didn’t know at the time. 

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2

@Waybridge0   It's against the rules of the CC to post full names and personal information about an Airbnb user, so your message is likely to be censored. And anyway, the odds that anyone receiving a booking from this person will ever see this message are vanishingly slim. The only effective way to alert other hosts to a problematic guest is in your review, so I hope you left one.

It's unfortunate that your cancellation policy wasn't honored, but if the guest was using illegal drugs and damaging your property, the early termination of the booking was the least-worst option available. Had the guest not been refunded for the unused nights, I hate to think how he might have retaliated. I hope you're at least able to finally get some compensation for the damage.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Waybridge0  Sorry this happened to you and hope it gets resolved in your favor.

But if by "As a matter a fact, I will post this in every single community comment box" you mean on all the threads here, please don't.  That's just annoying to other hosts here and won't accomplish anything for you. Airbnb doesn't monitor or act on posts here- this is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests.