Airbnb Love

Answered!
Reiko7
Level 1
Nimes, France

Airbnb Love

Hi I'm host Reiko in Nîmes France.  

I got an email  from gifts@airbnblove.com. I did not click the link.
Is that spam ???  Or it is real Airbnb? 

copy====================

We want to send you a gift

Just a quick reminder that your gift is still waiting for you.

Open it now by following the link below.

—Your friends at #AirbnbLove

This link will expire on October 28th, 2019
Sent with ❤ from &Open on behalf of Airbnb Inc., 888 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.

1 Best Answer
Vivi1342
Level 2
PJ, Malaysia

20220214_125505.jpg

Hey all, it's not a scam. Is real. Recently my stay was cancelled due to the scheduled were messed up by the Host, thanks goodness it's 2 week before my wedding & I manage to get another house for staycay. Few days later, I received an email from Airbnb Love to choose the gift. 1 week later I received very lovely marbled design chopping board. Thanks airbnb love (www.airbnblove.com)

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Reiko7 

As you can see in the HELP "airbnblove.com" is not a domain owned by Airbnb.

The website also looks suspicious.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-or-website-is-really-from-airbnb

(Looking up the domain on Icann shows the registrar is amazon.com in Seatle)

actually it is not a scam and its a real program at Airbnb. Customer support representatives have the option to send gifts to guests and hosts, usually when either party goes above and beyond or if they're celebrating something. 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Reiko7 

It's real. "Airbnblove" works in conjunction with a company called &Open to send out little trinkets to hosts who do "extraordinary things" for their guests (more often than not, this means that has host has recently voluntarily refunded a guest, where no refund was due)

Expect a "Belo" keyring, a pair of Airbnb socks, or a yellow plastic mini-watering can with an Airbnb sticker on it. 

https://vimeo.com/193636310 

Screenshot_20190903-202746.png

Sandi149
Level 1
Arlington, VA

I got an email asking if I had received a gift from airbnblove and did I like it - I'm not a host and didn't receive a gift. When I tried to email back to ask "what gift?" the email bounced. I have no idea how to get in touch with them.

Divya20
Level 3
Gurugram, India

Hi, Well, I'd say it is a legit email sent by the Airbnb Love Team. They are the ones who keep a check on the extra and out of the box things you have done for the guests like giving them a full refund in case they cancelled on you, you helped hem go to a doc in case of an emergency, etc. 

This team helps you go miles and appreciate what you may have done as a host  - towards the guests.

So, it's legit.

Barbara2055
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Has anyone actually received anything? I was sent a royal mail parcel tracking number but it came back as non existant. Has anyone at Airbnb actually said yes this is legit??

Sure, I received a guest book despite I ordered a watering can

Barbara2055
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Why did I receive an email from &Open on behalf of AirbnbLove?

From time to time, we like to send hosts and guests a little something to say thanks or to help celebrate a special moment - we call this AirbnbLove.

Airbnb partners with &Open to send unique, custom-designed gifts to members of our community around the world.

You may receive an email from &Open asking you to provide the best delivery address and time to receive your gift. We ask for this information to ensure your Airbnb Love gets to you. Your personal information will never be saved or shared with third parties.

All good! these are legitimate emails and part of Airbnb. I contacted the support team to make sure although still awaiting my gift 🙂 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

You guys are lucky I've been a host for 8 eight years never had anything from them, maybe one day

Sergey104
Level 2
Minsk, BY

I got this email a month ago saying they wanted to send a gift for being 20 time superhosts. Nothing ever came so I contacted Airbnb. The CS person said no gift will be coming in the mail because the email was not from them. But their help article says they do send these emails/gifts?

Why would anyone go through the trouble to do an elaborate scam just to get our mailing address?

This just shows how little CS knows.  

And if it is a scam that Airbnb has known about, why haven't they done anything to get it shut down or sent out warnings about it?

Lou2452
Level 2
Clinton, IA

We just started hosting in Sept. of 2019 and have recently had a request for a refund due to work changing location for a guest.  We happily accepted the request for cancellation since it was 3 months out.  We got the same e-mail for a  gift due to this and received a nice set of playing cards with an Airbnb theme.  The cards got placed in one of our units but here is a picture of the card sent with them.card back.jpgcard front.jpg