Airbnb Rates in Dubai

R0
Level 3
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Airbnb Rates in Dubai

I am new host in Dubai,

if I keep competive rates. I get occupany for 10 days whereas I break even my rent only in 20 days occupany.

if I keep non competitive rates I get no customers.

So I feel that nobody is making money on Airbnb, better look for long term tenants via dubizzle.

I completed 1 month an I feel, there is no point in renting via Airbnb, the main issue is hotels are reducing the rates to match Airbnb and that makes Airbnb hosts losers. 

The reason for looking at Airbnb was because Rents in Dubai are too high, but it does not seem to even cover the cost of host.

Further it is requires far more effort and time. Guest come at odd hours, that does not help either.

It take lot of effort to maintain the top ratings.

I am already considering to quit after 1-2 months.

Any suggestions by super hosts, who can advise how to keep 20-30 days occupancy.

8 Replies 8
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@R0 I see you are in a very competitive market.  You need to do what makes the best business sense for your location.  Pricing changes don't seem to be a viable option for you.  Are there any amenities that you haven't listed?  Any discounts you can offer for local attractions / restaurants, etc.?  Not knowing you area at all, it's hard to give suggestions. 😞

R0
Level 3

I have taken into account a lot of your suggestions, naturally my profile has improved and i look lot more attractive but still I cannot attract guests somehow. I am usually one of the 15   lowest rates  yet i cannot get bookings.
my room pictures are very good and my product is better then most people too.

Sandra11
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Hi

Sorry to hear that you are not achieving the level of rentals that you would like for your properties. I just quickly looked at your profile and you have 5+ properties listed. Which listing/property in particular are you struggling to get bookings? one of your listings has 89 photos. That's far too many for any potential guest to review = 15-20 is the maximum depending on how many bedrooms etc.,

Remember this is now the low season and many STR properties will be available and competiting with hotels. Some STR owners during this period take a long term tenant for 3 months June - Sept. Maybe something to consider for next year.

Regards.

R0
Level 3

between the 5 properties I would be lucky if I got 5 days in a month

last month i kept reduceing rent and hotels kept reducing further and further down, finally i had to stop reducing as I cannot afford to reduce.  i still could not get any bookings

my cost price is usd 44 for the room, i cannot even get anyone to rent it for usd. 40 , ideally i should usd 60 atleast for some profit after maintenance costs.
it is a beautiful apartment in a premium location, with great views.
I am able to higher paying guests from local advertisements than from airbnb, airbnb is a competitive place plus the 18% commission of airbnb is killer. hotels are selling much lower than my cost price with airbnb commission i am no longer competitive

I keep all room photos in 1st 5-6 photos, rest are locality photos and general deubai photos.

Sandra11
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Hi

Can I suggest that you go right back to the beginning and establish who is your target market?  For example my target market is families travelling with average to higher end spend. They could afford a 4* hotel but want the comfort and flexibility of an apartment. Particularly guests where location is important - so see a stay on the Marina as important and understand the cost/premium attached.

My prices are not the cheapest but occupancy is high outside of low season. After many years, I no longer discount in low season to increase occupancy - you get the wrong type of guest, too much damage and high maintenance. I also list on sites that are more likely to deliver the right type of guest - Home Away, Trip Adviser, Airbnb,

I have another contact in Dubai, his focus is on the budget traveller. Price and economy is key and his offer is basic, location is not particularly central but reasonable travelling distance from the key locations. 

Sandra11
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Hi

I have an apt on Dubai on the Marina since 2012 and so far I am happy with rental return - you can make 2-2.5 times normal long term lease rates. But remember they are 2 different markets - long term guests can pay with 1 or 2 cheques and then take care of small repairs too, the average STR guests stays for 5 -6 days. So technically the landlord does not have much to do between the lease period of 1 year. For STR you re providing accommodation and a service to guests on holiday, biz or inbetween accommodation - it's completely different.

Would you mind posting a link to your listing?

thks

Sandra

Sandra

I live in Canada. My property will be ready in Dubai Marina April 2022 to accommodate. I can't host it from Canada. Is there anyone will host the property in Dubai. Is so what is the procedure. If anyone has any info please share it. Thanks in advance for any info. 

Yeah, dm me.