Airbnb Refund into Airbnb Credit?

Diego346
Level 3
São Paulo, Brazil

Airbnb Refund into Airbnb Credit?

Is there any way that a refund issued by Airbnb can be made in the form of Airbnb credit to be used on a different booking? 

I've been staying in a listing for two months and ever since the beginning we have had issues with the washer and refrigerator not working, a neighbor using his key to come into the apartment "by accident" and the front lock breaking living us locked out of the apartment for hours. The listing had deceitful pictures that didn't show a wall that has holes throw which cold air comes in and because of this my wife now has chronic bronchitis. 

For all these reasons we called upon Airbnb to help us find to resolve this situation and move to a different apartment. 

There are three case managers handling my case and none of them seems to able to solve this properly. All I want to do is use whatever refund they give me as credit towards our next booking. If I wait for the Airbnb refund it is going to take too long for me to able to use it towards moving into a new apartment quickly. (over a month)

Hence my question at the top of this post. Please Help!

6 Replies 6
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Diego346

Unfortunately, any refunds go back to the payment method you used to book with which can take up to 7 days to reach your account which is dependant on your bank's processing fees.  If I were you, I would however demand a credit which they can apply to your account or provide a code to be used for a future booking.  This sounds like a huge inconvenience.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Harsh5
Level 1
Gwalior, India

hi i also have same kind of problem what i can do in this case  my host release the reservation and i want to use the same money to be used in any other booking why i am not able to see that money any where let me know how i can do the same please help me its urgent . 

Airbnb Support never help! Its a waste of time

Daniel969
Level 4
Columbus, OH

I had a similar issue last week with a company paid trip so MY horrible accommodation is refunded to the company who paid... in about a week, leaving me without funds in the moment to find another place to stay. 

the HELP center was good with me and promptly provided a credit coupon code for another stay.  I hope they can provide the same for you.

You know what Daniel .- The Airbnb Support told me they would do a refund , for some reason they divided the refund in two and I just received one , the other one its been more than 11 days and Im still waiting.

I feel they like to play with peoples health! My wife has bronchitis and they still have the other apartment listed (even thought the last host had fake pictures) . 

Airbnb Support team is a waste of time - they ask for documentation or they just rely on "that our policy" even though they are going against the policy! Bad experience with Airbnb, would not use it again.