Airbnb Saying Payment "Successful" However NOT Received Funds From WorldPay

Airbnb Saying Payment "Successful" However NOT Received Funds From WorldPay

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help or shed some light on this situation. I've been a host since 2011, and I thought I'll change my account number through WorldPay recently - as I'm back in Australia. I noticed that I didn't get any verification, I must admit, I was in a rush to the airport and saw that one account number was out. I've flagged it with them, but they've said the funds have gone and that they've paid me but I haven't seen a dime of that money.

Surely Worldpay has checks and balances for incorrect account numbers. I've lost an enormous sum of money and after numerous conversations with Airbnb and I feel like I'm being passed from one person to another and am just at my wit's end.

Airbnb is saying that it's something my bank has to verify but my bank doesn't have an account number with one number missing - see my problem?

Has anyone had this problem or something similar? I get on the phone an escalate and escalate, I still haven't been paid. I question whether Worldpay verifies the account numbers as I didn't even have a small sum come into my bank account to say that it was an incorrect number. I spotted it. 

5 Replies 5
Craig108
Level 2
Gold Coast, Australia

Yep welcome to the worst company in the world. It's an illegal cartel. A monopoly of cheating people on purpose. 

Hi Craig

Have you had first hand experience losing money with Airbnb? Did they get recovered? What happened for you to say this?

Hear back from you soon 

Alisha 

I am a host in Nigeria and have a guest who already made  booking and payment to AirBnB.

I like to pls know how I will be paid as I had already lost the 1st guest who already made payment and went ahead cancelled his reservation as I was not sure on how to get his payment

@Tracey186   Are you saying you failed to set up a payout preference when you set up your listing?  You should never go live with your listing until you have everything set on your account. If you haven't set it yet, go to the Help section on the Airbnb site, or go to your profile photo, edit account, and add a payout method. If you already have it set, new hosts don't get paid until 30 days after their first guest. After that, the payments should be released within 24 hours of guest check-ins.

As a host you should never cancel a reservation- you will be penalized by Airbnb for that. The guest you cancelled- expect to see the money for his booking deducted from your next payment, as well, your calendar will be blocked for those dates, so you can't accept another booking for that time. And in the review section of your profile, it will say "Host cancelled this reservation", which doesn't look good to prospective guests, who are, of course concerned about having their reservation cancelled by the host.

I suggest you contact Airbnb to ask if they can forgive that one cancellation- tell them you are brand new to this and didn't know how it worked.

And you would benefit from reading through all the information for hosts on the Airbnb site so you understand how everything works.

Alice491
Level 4
Coogee, Australia

This has been happening to me since 1 Nov. I got several messages telling me my account was wrong and it rejected payment! Not sure how this could be as I received payments in Oct and then all of a sudden in Nov my account was wrong! So I was forced to add a payout method 3 times before I finally was told it will work  and I can get paid now. I pressed them endlessly to find out why. They said it had to do with Worldpay and their system and affected Australia so nothing to do with my account!! Then I waited and waited and no money arrived. I called them today and they asked me to verify my account and it turns out they had the wrong account number. I think they fraudulently put this in. I checked my account number over and over before I confirmed. I think they are doing this corruptly to force us to switch to paypal.