Airbnb Setup Issues

Answered!
Belinda79
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Airbnb Setup Issues

Good morning I am hoping that someone can assist me please. I have Airbnb setup on my Samsung Mobile Phone as well as the URL on my desktop.  I received an email from a potential guest requesting a stay at my listing. My question is as follows:

1.    I clicked on the "ACCEPT/DECLINE" in the email expecting this action to take me to Airbnb, instead I received the following error message"You do not have permission to access this resource"  Then I went into Airbnb to see if it picked up on my "ACCEPT", there was nothing listed and nothing in my Inbox from the email request?

2.  I then went into my laptop email and did the same, again I accept, this time no permission notification, however in my INBOX there is nothing from this email customer and there is nothing showing in my calendar that there is a booking that I accepted?

Your assistance on this will be greatly appreciated, because at this point even though I accepted I do not know whether this is now booked out and whether I can expect this guest?

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Belinda79,

If this isn't sorted by now you could check the article below to get some idea if the email was from Airbnb or not.

Do you have push notifications turned on in your notification settings? If yes, then you should have received a notification in the Airbnb app on your device.

How do I know if an email is really from Airbnb?

How do I manage my notification settings?

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Belinda79,

If this isn't sorted by now you could check the article below to get some idea if the email was from Airbnb or not.

Do you have push notifications turned on in your notification settings? If yes, then you should have received a notification in the Airbnb app on your device.

How do I know if an email is really from Airbnb?

How do I manage my notification settings?

Steve.

Belinda79
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hello @Steve143

thank you for your all your assistance.  I have another challenge and I am getting really frustrated with Airbnb so I am hoping you can guide me.

My default payout preference is with PayPal, about a week ago they verified my account, however on my Payout Preferences this still showing as Pending Verification,  I received a support reply from Airbnb 4 days ago saying that this was indeed verified and that payout would be within 24 hours, after 48 hours there was still no payout, when I queried this, I received a 2nd reply from  Airbnb stating that PayPal must verify my account, again I contacted Paypal and they advised via their secure message centre that this was verified and that it has to do with Airbnb account?

I am really dispondent with this whole situation, my guest house has been fully booked and I have received 5 star reviews by the various guests short stays, however at this point I am not seeing a return on my guest house or my efforts to please my guests?  Honestly I don't know what to do.  I am expected to keep deleting and adding payout preferences, only to get verified by PayPal and then on Airbnb side the status never changes from Pending Verification to Verified.  As you can see I have had to do this more than once, but there is no resolution?

Please help me.

Regards

Belinda

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Belinda79,

You may have sone this already but all I can suggest is that you try to get from Airbnb support exactly what they say that they expect paypal to do to accomplish the verification and then ask paypal if that has been done.

I've never had to deal with paypal as I've set my payout to go to my bank account.

Steve.

hi im new to air bnb, in my acc setup my prices are different to what i put in initially. I'm not using smart pricing and im comfused about the payout section, there is a significant amount difference in pricing? can someone help?