'Airbnb Super Stay'

Larry339
Level 10
Brant, Canada

'Airbnb Super Stay'

Like many hosts, I enjoy hosting and want to take my business to the next level. To date, photos professionally were taken, listing descriptions edited and revised, and I regularly participate in Airbnb's custom promotions. Six months in things are going well, and I am pleased that Airbnb has the marketing power to drive so much business to my country home.

But where to go from here? I wanted to explore Airbnb Plus, but I understand it is not open for new applicants until later this year. I have read mixed feedback and would appreciate feedback on this streamlining suggestion for Airbnb and hosts.

Consider 'Airbnb Super Stays"

Create a category open to super hosts, 'Airbnb Super Stays.' Airbnb could verify the listing through photos, guest reviews and a video of the accommodation made by the host and submitted to Airbnb. Guide the host with suggestions to revise the listing description, but the host has the last say. Have the host obtain professional photos and submit, but again the host makes the photo decisions to include or not.

Open this up to Supehosts, not just specific to large urban centers. I think this would streamline the process and reduce the time and costs of in-person inspections by Airbnb staff to review, process and approve new applicants. Create a new filter so guests can search knowing they get a Superhost and that the accommodation verified by Airbnb and guest reviews, so they are assured of a super stay.

I would love to hear comments and suggestions regarding this.

Thanks for your help

Larry

1 Reply 1
Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

I looked into the Super Plus program as well. The make you pay a fee for it and you are not allowed to have your listing on any other booking site. I think those requirements are outrageous; if we can only have Airbnb as our booking site (which I don't have a problem with necessarily), then why do I have to pay for the Super Plus program?

Also, I noticed in the fine print that they can take it from you for any reason what so ever without an explanation. Why would I pay for something that they can take away from me for no reason? Sounds bogus to me.