Airbnb Support Staff who Lie

Answered!
Leena61
Level 2
Carnelian Bay, CA

Airbnb Support Staff who Lie

Has anyone else experienced Airbnb Cancelling a guest reservation as they did not make the balance of payment.  Then get a call from Airbnb requesting you give the guest a full refund (even though you have a strict cancellation policy in place), and they state to you the guest needs the refund to rebook the dates that were cancelled.  

Airbnb are refusing to make the payout to me and the guest never rebooked as promised.  All conversations are documented in the Airbnb messaging system.

Airbnb staff stating to me I agreed to the refund - which I did on the agreement that the dates were being rebooked .  all documented with the guest and with the support rep.  Support rep now lying about the situation (his name is Lester by the way - in case anyone is working with him - be careful - he lacks integrity).

1 Best Answer
Leena61
Level 2
Carnelian Bay, CA

Thanks!  yes that is the next step.  I've emailed Tara and Shauna their executives in the Customer Service area and am giving them one last chance to make this right.  Agreed on small claims.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Leena61 A small claims court case against Airbnb is cheaper that the arbitration alternative and if you have everything confirmed in messages (take screen shots) then you should win easily. Perhaps give Airbnb one last chance before you take them to court (over the messaging system of course)

Leena61
Level 2
Carnelian Bay, CA

Thanks!  yes that is the next step.  I've emailed Tara and Shauna their executives in the Customer Service area and am giving them one last chance to make this right.  Agreed on small claims.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Leena61  Why did you say yes when they asked you to fully refund? If Airbnb asks you to do this, you need to say no, you are sticking to your cancellation policy. 

Phone conversations are not binding, so regardless if you saying you'd refund if you could rebook the dates, you essentially approved the refund without any assurance the guest would rebook. And why would they cancel and then rebook? That makes no sense.