Airbnb VRBO sync issues

Chris33
Level 2
Manitou Springs, CO

Airbnb VRBO sync issues

Hello, Airbnb community.  I write because my Airbnb calendar says its syncing with VRBO, but the information it's listing from VRBO is old, e.g. tentative reservations from prospective VRBO guests that are no longer on my VRBO calendar.  Anyone else had this issue?  

Chris Dwyer

Manitou Springs, Colorado, USA 

3 Replies 3

I have had the same issue with FlipKey (TripAdvisor). My work around is to keep my Airbnb calendar up to date (block my dates on Airbnb) and let FlipKey sync with Airbnb instead trying to get Airbnb to do the syncing.

I am having this same problem...someone with a tentative request on VRBO automatically blocks my AirBNB calendar.  Don't you think AirBNB should figure this issue out right away?  This is crazy!  People searching for on AirBNB  for specific dates will not see my place because it is showing as booked/blocked just because there is someone on VRBO that has made an inquiry on my listing?!  That's horrible.  My work around is to simply cancel these tentative requests as soon as possible and gently pressuring the VRBO people to make a decision one way or the other.  If they aren't sure today, I figure I can just cancel them and they can always re-inquire (and book) my place down the road if they've made the decision to stay.  I was pretty surprised when I found this and the AirBNB helpline people seemed unconcerned.

I have had the same issue but have chosen to only reply first, then book only when they say they are ready.  I also find VRBO are mainly tire kickers and not as serious as abnb requests