Airbnb Website Down. Global Outage.

Airbnb Website Down. Global Outage.

For anyone experiencing difficulties in accessing Airbnb just now, the site has crashed. Global outage. They're working to fix. 

FB_IMG_1602875287799.jpg

Penelope
47 Replies 47

FB_IMG_1602875116502.jpg

Penelope
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Thanks @Emiel1! I checked before posting on here but couldn't see anything there at the time. 

Penelope
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Someone was JUST trying to book mine for tonight & tomorrow when it crashed! Mind you, if he hadn't wasted time asking to book off platform, he'd have just managed to book! - He was 45 mins away, wanting to head straight over! 😞

Maybe it won't be down for long, @Helen350. But I guess at this time of night, he'll probably have booked somewhere else by the time it's back up anyway. 😬

Penelope
Helen350
Level 10

He was KEEN @Super47 ! First he 'warned' me that Airbnb were putting the price up as he tried to book, presumably because of high activity (!), then he asked for off platform! I explained the apparent price increase was cos he originally looked at the price for ONE, then TWO, then the Airbnb fee was added... He won't want any other Airbnbs available tonight, they are more than DOUBLE the price! It's a long way back to Bristol!

- It's been down well over an hour now..... 

He snoozed, he loozed @Helen350 😉

Yeah, down about an hour and a half now. Causing a lot of problems for US hosts - it's Friday check-in time, or close to it for many of them. Not ideal 🙈

Penelope

So glad I have my guests phone number saved. They are on the way, and so is bad bad weather. Hoping they make it ok but at lease we can communicate.

I have a friend in Georgia who's a property manager with over 80 listings @Colleen253. Safe to say, this won't be a fun afternoon for her! 

Penelope
Helen350
Level 10

Well I invited them to book,  & arrive late, and they've decided to spend the night camping in the van! - Guess the realisation that they had to pay £35 (£20 +£10 + £5) - not £20 was a bitter pill...

I think by the sounds of it you had a lucky escape there @Helen350! Maybe the outage did you a favour after all 😏

Penelope
Helen350
Level 10

Maybe @Super47 .... They apologised politely, saying they did not want to cause problems.... - Actually some of my nicest, most fun guests were  bohos of  that ilk. I remember two VERY funny Bavarian chaps.... tried their luck off platform, but I said NO, and they still bought me flowers & treats for the dog! And a great review!

Ah if they were nice and polite about it, then that's a different story, @Helen427! Give me the down to earth ones without an arse in their trousers, over the lah-di-dah entitled ones, all day long! 😉

Penelope

@Helen350  With not enough sense to see that only a few dollars more to enjoy your warm hospitality for the night was the better choice, these guests would have turned out to be 'better suited to their van' no doubt!