Airbnb Website Down. Global Outage.

Airbnb Website Down. Global Outage.

For anyone experiencing difficulties in accessing Airbnb just now, the site has crashed. Global outage. They're working to fix. 

FB_IMG_1602875287799.jpg

Penelope
47 Replies 47
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Oh all us who speak what we may think all thought we had been turfed into the naughty corner once again @Super47 

@Helen350 @Ute42 @Mark116 @Emiel1 and others 🤔😉😀😋😍 

Both the main listing site & CC were down here in NZ however since there's been updates of Microsoft & Google Terms of Service in the last couple of weeks we have had annoying repeated refreshing of pages trying to access & read News media websites, and other platforms so at a guess it's a stupid Software / AI person who has triggered it, once again. Sigh.

It'd be a fairly packed naughty corner, I'd say @Helen427! 😏

Penelope
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Super47   Thanks for posting the news of the outage.  I had just been pre-occupied with my first significant VRBO booking - after a year of inquiries from scammers someone IB'd two months next summer without asking any questions, demanding any discounts, or suggesting I accept a cashier's check - so like you and @Ute42, I thought I'd been delisted, for disloyalty or possibly treason.  🤣

Lol! That's a tasty booking, regardless of where it came from, @Ann72! Result! Congrats 🎉

Do stay alert if you have your Airbnb and VRBO calendars synched though - as I just posted below, there have been quite a few reports  circulating of double bookings as a result of the outage. 

Penelope

@Super47   Thank you so much!  And thank you for the reminder - I forgot to check until late tonight.  Luckily everything synced as it should.  Now I'll check other settings that have changed or disappeared before - check-in and check-out times, booking windows, and that embarrassing guest card thingy.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Twitter in general terms also crashed around 23 hours ago around the world.

Currently still having problems accessing News websites, not the first time that's happened & when one can't access those avenues you know that there's serious issues in the world with Anti-Competitive practices with Internet related providers...to think the 4th Industrial Revolution is focused on AI. Hmmmm dumb & dumber

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Lol wonder if @Stephanie @Catherine-Powell @Lizzie @Quincy @Nick @Liv @Katie and other Admins thought they  were all also thrust into the Naughty corner as they to are accessories to the fact 😉😉😉😉😉😘😘😘😘😘😎😎😎😎

I put the blame on 🧛👻👻👻👻👻👻, it is after all nearly Halloween & Guy Fawkes Day...

OK, so for anyone who also lists on VRBO - quite a few reports of calendars unsynching from Airbnb as a consequence of the outage and VRBO not recognising Airbnb's blocked dates, resulting in double bookings. Keep your eyes peeled.

Penelope
Denice0
Level 10
Placitas, NM

My hosting dashboard is still a mess.  Only the traveler dashboard appears; I can only access the hosting dashboard if I type in "manage listings" in a Help search.  My pricing has disappeared from the calendars.  My profile photo is no longer in the right upper corner of the dashboard.

I waisted an hour or more chatting with customer service about these issues and sending screen shots to them.  I was unable to access the community to see if there were widespread issues, and told 

CS this, but never once did they say there was a global outage.  Yesterday, I was not paid for a guest who checked in the prior day, Thursday.  Anyone else having dashboard, payment issues?  Thanks @Super47 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks for heads up @Denice0 sounds like we ALL need to check our listings thoroughly on ALL devices to make sure they are how we have them on our terms...

and report Feedback that Software Technology has been compromised.

To think the New World Order World Economic Forum is about the 4th Industrial Revolution that we have had thrust in our faces this year and is all about AI & Digital technology in our lives.

pffftt.

@Denice0 @Helen427 @Super47 

I just checked my dashboard and took a look at my calendar for jan 2021.

Jan 1, 2 and 3 are blocked, the fields are grey, have a diagonal bar in it and show no price. That's fine.

The fields for jan 4 to 15 are white, do show a price and are open to book. That's also fine.

The fields jan 16 to 31 though are grey, do not have a diagonal bar and do show a price. I have never seen that before, has anyone of You? Is january 16 to 31 now open to book ore not?

2020-10-18 Calendar Jan 2021.jpg

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Denice0 

Sounds like a local technical issue.

Log out from Airbnb, close browser, clear cache and cookies and start with fresh session.

Hosting dashboard: www.arbnb.com/hosting

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I know this is a silly question, since I'd imagine you would have checked it, but is it possible that your calendar setting is only set to 3 months into the future?  How does the calendar look for Feb and beyond?

@Ute42

@Sarah977 

You are right, I had my availability set to 3 months into the future. I just changed it to 6 months and then changed it back to 3 months and the way days are displayed in my calendar changed accordingly.

Thank You.

Case closed.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Your case may now be closed , But bars are open in Germany as are bed & breakfasts/ homestays thanks to Judicial Reviews there @Ute0 👍🍻 🥂🍹 

Good to see your country have people stick up for everyone's basic legal rights #In Proportion