Airbnb Website Down. Global Outage.

Airbnb Website Down. Global Outage.

For anyone experiencing difficulties in accessing Airbnb just now, the site has crashed. Global outage. They're working to fix. 

FB_IMG_1602875287799.jpg

Penelope
47 Replies 47
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Yes, I just noticed this  . . .  when searching for a place to stay actually! Looks like Airbnb won't be getting my money today 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Super47 @Colleen253 @Emilia42 @Helen350 

The site is also down in Germany. All it says is Ooops.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

It would be @Ute42 .... It's global.......  😊 or 😭 or Schadenfreude?

It's down globally @Ute42.  Ooops indeed. 

Perhaps if they put their techie guys' skills to better use in actually stabilising the site, instead of constantly fluting around making useless cosmetic changes, they might not be having this issue now. 

Penelope

@Super47 @Helen350 

When I couldn't log into my account 30 minutes ago I thought they had delisted my place.

I mean, I gave them so many reasons, wouldn't I deserve it?

Lol! Strange you should say that @Ute42 - the very same thought crossed my mind too! 😏

All joking aside though, with the reputation Airbnb have for arbitrarily delisting hosts at the drop of a hat, I'd say there'll be a ton of hosts having mini-breakdowns right about now, wondering if that's what's happening to them, and why they can't access the site 😳

Penelope

You're just gonna have to try a lot harder to get booted off. Maybe you could strew some old boards with nails sticking out of them on the pathway to the front door so guests could report you for a safety issue. I hear bedbugs is another surefire way to deserve a delisting.

@Ute42

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

ABB is down here too. And I was unable to login here on CC for some time

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Fixed!

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Why don't they ever post about these outages on their twitter feed?  I went to check to see if it was global or local issue and all I found on the twitter was marketing stuff and Halloween posts.  Crazy.

That sure would save a lot of the widespread panic that's been going on all over the groups and forums for the last few hours @Mark116. A company's social media channels are the very first place users go to for info whenever any site crashes. All they need to say is "Slight problem, we're fixing it. Back up soon". Then everyone wouldn't be jumping to their own conclusions and coming up with all sorts of Doomsday scenarios! 

Penelope

@Emiel1 found it on Twitter @Mark116. I couldn't see it earlier when I checked either though. But at least they did post, which is good. 

Penelope

Looks to be back up now thankfully, but make sure to check all your settings! 

Penelope
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Super47 @Helen350 @Branka-and-Silvia0 

OK, what was the reason for the outage? Here's my guess:

airbnb ran out of cash and couldn't pay their electric bill as they had sent so much $$$ to Chile recently. But Brian jumped on it immediately, got an new 500M$$$ loan at 18% and he was up and running within 40 minutes. That's impressive.

And he did all that because of Monika.

Perfectly logical explanation, @Ute42! Maybe not all that far-fetched either 😏

Penelope