Airbnb Widget disappeared

Sastra0
Level 3
Bandung, Indonesia

Airbnb Widget disappeared

Hi there,

just a few days ago the widget for Airbnb app just suddenly disappeared. I've been using the app for several years. I'm on Android.

Is this because of the new update?

I tried reinstalling Airbnb but still haven't been able to solve this.

I really depend on the widget to give me an overlook on upcoming stays on my property.

28 Replies 28
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

The missing widget has been reported also in the DE-CC.

Marina797
Level 8
La Spezia, Italy

Just having the same problem here in Italy. I contacted the customer support and was told that if a reasonable enough number of hosts report the problem and ask for the widget to be enabled again, maybe they will decide to do it... But they're not certain about that 😳😳

They clearly have no idea what it means to be a host and how important that tool is to all of us! 

Sastra0
Level 3
Bandung, Indonesia

Thanks, hopefully they decide to bring the widget back!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Sastra0 et al,

Thanks so much for sharing details about this issue - as @Till-and-Jutta0 mentioned, the German Community Manager,  @Anna , shared this to the engineering team at the start of the week, but your extra information has been added in support of it. I hope to get some information for you on this in the near future!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya,

Just coming back to all on this @Sastra0 @Marina797 @Till-and-Jutta0 . So I have talked with the team and this feature was removed on Android devices as of the end of September. An email about this decision went out to Hosts in August.

Stephanie_0-1633618577473.png

I appreciate the positive feedback you have all shared here for this widget - sometimes it is necessary to deprecate some functionalities and it can be for a number of reasons such as app size, user uptake, or because the operating system of a mobile device can no longer support the functionality. 

I'm sorry I couldn't bring you better news, 

Stephanie

-----

@Anna 

@Stephanie @Udo6  @Monika--Elisabeth0  @Till-and-Jutta0  @Christa0  @Martin27

First of all, I didn't get any email whatsoever about this from anyone

This is a totally absurd decision that the developers have taken to remove the widget from Android devices. Most hosts work from their mobile and that widget is essential for those who have more than one listing on Airbnb! How can't this be clear to them??? Probably just because they've never been hosts themselves and have no idea what it means to keep track of all check-ins and check-outs without that tool.

The more time goes by (I've been a host for 7 years) the more I doubt my decision to work exclusively on Airbnb is the right one.... 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Marina797 ,

I appreciate you are frustrated about this decision but I can assure you, they are never taken lightly.

With all tech platforms, on top of the Hosts expressing how they use functionality we look at the analytics of the platform itself. For example, we can see how much a certain feature is used as part of the product upkeep.

The data on usage tells a more accurate story of the larger Host population as not all Hosts contribute here in the CC or in our other spaces.

That being said, we have, of course, shared back yours and your fellow contributors disappointment about this decision.

Thanks and sorry it's not better news!

-----

I realized that most hosts didn't even know that such a widget existed at all. And neither did the customer support operators I talked to here in Italy 😳

Airbnb sends messages about new tools and features all the time. I wonder why no one has ever mentioned that such a widget existed. 

Maybe many more hosts would have used it if they only had known about its existence! 

@Marina797Same here in Portugal, called customer support and they didn't even knew that Airbnb had a Widget. The problem is that there isn't a place where you can see, on your mobile, the following 8 reservations on a single screen. Not even the reservations section that you have on Calendar is clear because you have Current, Check-in and Check-out guests all in the same place. You then have to choose View all and then choose a filter, and then scroll... only people hosting understand how conveniet the widget was. And the new Today menu on the desktop/laptop version is a joke, doesn't even offer the possibility to filter, it doesn't add any value. Once again Airbnb distancing themselves from hosts.

Hi everyone. 

For the hosts, it is really annoying and waste of time to check on website calendar just today and click more and more to get the future reservations info. 

If it is a matter of apk size, pls consider to release a separate apk for hosts with the widget alone. So guests has a smaller app and hosts has full functionality again. 

It is not true that older android OS no longer support widgets. And in case so, it would not be available for them anyway. 

But for hosts and Super hosts it is a really powerfull tool. 

I wait for the good news and widget back soon. 

Thanks

Dana

With all due respect, I've always felt that Airbnb is a great travel company but a pathetic tech company. Case in point is that if a day goes by or a reservation is completed you cannot see you what was charge per day to the guests. This is crucial information especially here in a resort area as we change our prices from year to year and season to season. I also find that the analytical support is lacking especially when compared with that which is offered by VRBO.

Please get the widget back on as soon as possible. I too never received an email pertaining to the widgets demise.

All the best. Stay safe.

Cone

@Dawn-and-Stephen0

Stephanie, are you saying that there is still a widget for Apple devices? Am I interpreting this correctly?  

Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

I too am very frustrated about this.  And I didn't get any email about it.  It was the most useful feature of the whole user interface. If many android users didn't use it,  the answer should have been to let them know what a great time saver it was.  Not to just junk it.  Very disappointed.

Justin1308
Level 2
Storrington, United Kingdom

Very disappointed to hear this, assumed it was an error with the last update.  I didn't see any notification that this was being removed.  I relied on this widget to give an overview of upcoming bookings and now it will cause more effort to keep on top of this.  Not happy.