Airbnb Widget disappeared

Sastra0
Level 3
Bandung, Indonesia

Airbnb Widget disappeared

Hi there,

just a few days ago the widget for Airbnb app just suddenly disappeared. I've been using the app for several years. I'm on Android.

Is this because of the new update?

I tried reinstalling Airbnb but still haven't been able to solve this.

I really depend on the widget to give me an overlook on upcoming stays on my property.

28 Replies 28
Samuel-And-Chiara0
Level 3
Lisbon, Portugal

The problem is that there isn't a place where you can have a overview, on your mobile, of the following reservations on a single screen @Justin1308 . Airbnb supressed something usefull and time saving without providing an alternative @Susie5 .Not even the reservations section that you have on Calendar is clear because you have Current,  Check-in and Check-out guests all in the same place. You then have to choose View all and then choose a filter, and then scroll... only people hosting understand how conveniet the widget was. Because if Airbnb cared about it they would advertise it instead of deleting it. And the new Today section added with this update on the desktop/laptop version is a joke, doesn't even offer the possibility to filter, it doesn't add any value. Once again Airbnb distancing themselves from hosts.

Marina797
Level 8
La Spezia, Italy

You should all send as many feedbacks and complaints as possible about this problem. Write to your country managers and to @Catherine-Powell. The more hosts complain the more chances we have to get the widget enabled again (maybe🙄

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback - Feedback link in case you need it 😉 already left mine.

Carlos3674
Level 2
El Puerto de Santa María, Spain

I cannot agree more with the frustration expressed by the other hosts in this issue.

The app should be developed to increase the functionality and not downgraded as it is the case with the elimination of the widget. 

Please get it back. 

Regards.

Carlos .

Sent my feedback. Here's hoping they'll do the right thing 

What a horrible waste of my time.  I've been troubleshooting this as if it could be fixed for nearly 2 weeks.  Even their tech support didn't know what was going on. Not a well run company when you have useless, uninformed employees.  

Totally agree. The new employees are incompetent and completely  uninformed. Nothing compared to those who used to work at the Customer Support a few years ago... 

Please bring back the widget.  It was very helpful. 

While it has been noted that the issue has "been reported", I don't believe that this has been "resolved".    At least one other Superhost did NOT get the email, same as us.

Please bring it back as soon as as possible.  Or let us know what we need to do to get it back.  I have a gaping hole in my phone's home screen anxiously awaiting its return.

Don't just write to us about this. There's nothing much we can do to solve the problem. Re-edit your message  typing @ and the username to notify your country managers or @Catherine-Powell. People that count in Airbnb maybe will listen to our complaints and frustration (even though I honestly doubt it) and do something 

Dana1049
Level 2
Argentina

I didn´t get the e-mail. I need the widget as soon as possible, I have multiple announcements and this widget was the best helping me to organize my calendar.

Dana1049
Level 2
Argentina

Hi! Why it says "resolved"? Does anyone get the widget back?

Thanks!

It's not @Dana1049 it's just Airbnb ignoring the issue... 

Catherine2654
Level 1
Landscove, United Kingdom

I am also really disappointed at the removal of the widget. I never received any notification and spent a long time trying to find it again.  Please bring it back. 

Lisha4
Level 2
California, United States

I've left the opening on my screen and have been checking every day hoping the widget miraculously appeared again. I can not even begin to understand how active hosts function without this widget. Instead of just looking quickly at one screen on my phone I now have to do a complicated dance of opening the Airbnb app, filtering..... I too never received a notice and am leaving direct feedback requesting the widget be bright back. 

Mara1
Level 2
Curitiba, Brazil

Widgets AIRBNB, faz muita falta,  todos pedimos encarecidamente para que reavaliem essa necessidade, é uma ferramenta valiosíssima.