Airbnb app not working on Samsung android phone

Anna1095
Level 1
York, United Kingdom

Airbnb app not working on Samsung android phone

Hi - I've tried many times to download the updated app on my Samsung phone. It says log in error, to continue update your Airbnb app

Still not working, log onto your computer

What should I do?

142 Replies 142

Can you tell the rest of us what the solution was? Seems to me that @Airbnb should be the ones fixing this so that it works system wide. I see messages her from client renters and providers all struggling. Some ready to leave. like me

Don't matter who you are, just love me the way I are happy wheels

Hello sir,I want to know what is relationship between the apps which the hosts comment and  creating lists to display the properties of hosts to be rented .than you.

@Hoda5 wrote:

Hello sir,I want to know what is relationship between the apps which the hosts comment and  creating lists to display the properties of hosts to be rented .than you.

Patrick1182
Level 2
Temiscaming, Canada

I have never used an app so determined to not let me log into it on my phone. Literally can't get passed the login screen after resetting my password multiple times and uninstalling and re-installing the app. Works fine on my computer but the phone app is completely useless. 

Danielle660
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I'm having the same issue as Patrick. I try to login on my new android phone and it is like it ignores the details when I put in my email and password and goes to load and stays on the same page. Not even an error message. It worked on my old phone, but this I don't know whether it is to do with the version of android or the app or both, but this is useless for me atm. I go on holiday tomorrow, so would have been more convenient than having the webpage open in a browser!

I have it working on two newer android phones (one nokia 6.1, one blu HD), but it won't work on my tablet (asus transformer) and does exactly what is described by Danielle above.

@Jeff-and-Maria0 Glad to see ABB is working on your phones.Is your Nokia one Windows/  Microsoft?

There seems to be a glitches with others in here & online in other forums who have Windows/  Microsoft phone devices that ABB must need to be fix as it's impacting on people been able to make & fulfil bookings

Pierre672
Level 1
Kapuskasing, Canada

Not working on Huwawei P20 Pro.

Tor7
Level 1
Hong Kong

Not working on Samsung Note 9 either. It worked on the Note 8. I type in my credentials then there's a flash of a captcha screen then I get bounced back to the login screen before I can do anything.

I can log in fine on PC, both windows and mac

Nicholas319
Level 2
Western Australia, Australia

I just want to say that I had the same problem as I was setting up a new phone. I was only able to login when I logged off the AirBnb app on the old phone.

Yiannis23
Level 1
Chalandri, Greece

Have been trying to use the app on android but no luck here too. No error message appears, nothing. Tried to delete the app from IOS devices too but nothing changed. Can we please have a response from AIRBNB?

Edi10
Level 2
Hvar, Croatia

No luck with app version 19, try downloading this one: https://airbnb.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1775660

With older version it was good. No help from airbnb thou...

MY chrome/ phone wouldn't let me install this version ... even though it's the down graded version. No help from airbnb cust service either. I have a galaxy S8; and CAN'T seem to get this app to work for the life of me.  prospective guests keep sending me messages, but I can't reply unless I log into the website .... so 1999!!! 

Carlos1408
Level 2
A Coruña, Spain

I had this very same issue a Samsung J2 Core, but now it is working for me.

It got fixed after updating Android to the last one available (Android 8.1.0 Go. Security patch level: 1 March 2019) and after clearing all data and caches of the Airbnb app.