Airbnb app not working on Samsung android phone

Anna1095
Level 1
York, United Kingdom

Airbnb app not working on Samsung android phone

Hi - I've tried many times to download the updated app on my Samsung phone. It says log in error, to continue update your Airbnb app

Still not working, log onto your computer

What should I do?

142 Replies 142

@Anna1095 - try: 

1. uninstalling the app on your phone. 
  2. Log onto your desktop and change your password. 
  3. Then reinstall the app and log in. 

If you are still getting a log in error, contact Airbnb for assistance.  

Worthless advice.  That's the first thing most of us tried.

The issue is with Samsung I found that once I updated the Samsung internet app logging in was no longer a issue

Clark15
Level 2
Newberry, FL

This is getting ridiculous, I've tried for two days to log in on mobile devices (droid).  I've uninstalled, changed password, reinstalled and continue to get to the same message that Anna UK stated.  The app is critical for the management of this service and Airbnb should respond.  I've seen several comments on the app not working.  The contact page is useless for this issue as there is no reference to the app in the help lists.

It is now April 2019 and this is not fixed.  WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS COMPANY (AIRBNB)???

I'm having the exact same issue and will be traveling with just my phone.  I guess there is still no fix and it is now August 2019.  Maybe they have a FB page as they tend to want to resolve things that are more open to the public?

Today  08-Aug-2019 i no longer can log in airbnb. So many error with android. What the hell is wrong with S9+ android

Hello @Dang-Van0 

This isn’t a way to contact us, though. We can’t respond to feedback or bug reports individually. If you have a question or need help resolving a problem, you’ll find answers in our Help Center, or you can contact us.

REPORT A BUG 

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/feedback?

Have a great summer!

Hello @Callie26 

This isn’t a way to contact us, though. We can’t respond to feedback or bug reports individually. If you have a question or need help resolving a problem, you’ll find answers in help center, or you can contact Airbnb.

REPORT A BUG 

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/feedback?

Have a great summer!

So, has a solution been discovered? I just upgraded to an S10+ and cannot get the app to work

It is not going to work. I tried contacting customer service and they said it is not their problem but our phone problems. She asked me to contact the manufacturer instead to fix this issue.. which i dont think it is going to work

Mandrake-And-Karen0
Level 10
Silver Spring, MD

This is pretty awful.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and still get this same message above. A functional app is crucial to being able to respond to inquiries.

Peter894
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Anyone get a solution to this? 

Lj6
Level 1
Sacramento, CA

I can't log in on my Samsung Note II (a new phone but old model).  My app is 17.28 and the latest is 17.49.  I keep getting the message to sign in with FaceBook, but when I try that I get a "log in error" followed by "update your Airbnb app."  Google Play Store keeps installing the 17.28 version.

I have uninstalled the app, cleared data, changed browsers, etc. just like other individuals posting here. 

The site works fine on my computer using my email and Airbnb password.