Airbnb app not working on Samsung android phone

Anna1095
Level 1
York, United Kingdom

Airbnb app not working on Samsung android phone

Hi - I've tried many times to download the updated app on my Samsung phone. It says log in error, to continue update your Airbnb app

Still not working, log onto your computer

What should I do?

142 Replies 142
Luis786
Level 2
Miraflores, Peru

Finally today August 23, Airbnb app is working in 3 Android phones.

What phone are you using? 

Now February 2020 and I'm using Samsung Galaxy S8+. Its been for a week my Airbnb app is not working! 

Laura_C
Ex Airbnb
Ex Airbnb
Redwood City, CA

Hey all - if you were having problems with the Android captcha, the team released a new version of the app on Friday that resolved the issue. Sorry that it took so long! ~Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Hi Laura. 

Now February 2020 and my Samsung Galaxy S8+, the Airbnb app is not working. I've been using it for the last 6 months and suddenly it doesn't work.

Yesterday I spoke to Airbnb support team and they told me that the problem is my phone version. I just checked it and I hot the last version.

I cannot effort to buy a new phone! 

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Too late alas for me- I was on vacation so I blocked out all my open dates in Sept to avoid being an unresponsive host & as I'm going dark in Oct. it probably isn't worth trying to re-install the app- I reopened the remaining open dates when we got back, Sally

Hi Sally,

How did you sort out your app problem,  what kind phone were you using? 

Thanks

Dream65
Level 1
Los Realejos, ES

I've got the same problem. On the 16th of February 2020 I spoke to Airbnb support team for 2 hours. 

I did everything what they have told me. At the end they said that the problem is my (Samsung Galaxy s8+) phone! Even I told them from beginning that I'm using this phone. After 2 hours no solution. The solution for them is to pay €1000 for a new phone! Why it has worked for the last 6 months and suddenly not anymore? 

Its just disgusting that they helping this big companies to sell more phones! 

Is it possible to get the app on Samsung S7 ?  

I am shocked to encounter this problem

With android that's why I don't use IPhone.