Airbnb app not working

Shahina0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb app not working

Hello

i seem to be having problems with the airbnb app all day today. Once opened it shuts down quickly. All other apps are working on my phone. 

Wondered  if anyone else was having this problem. Or can guide me how to contact airbnb team. 

Thank you

sheena

78 Replies 78
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Shahina0,

No one here knows what type of phone you have. There are two versions of the Airbnb app, one for Apple's iOS and one for Android.

Phone and message contact links for Airbnb support can be found by clicking on "Help", then on "Visit the Help Center" and then on "Contact us".

Steve.

Cath11
Level 1
Faversham, United Kingdom

Same here! I have an iPhone SE. Tried downloading the app again and still not working!

thanks

Cath

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Cath11,

Welcome to the Community Center!

On which iOS version is your iPhone? Also, have you tried rebooting your phone and then tried the Airbnb app again? 

Let me know how it goes. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Good day!

I have AirBnB app on Android phone. After one of the latest updates it stopped to work: shows a few seconds and then crashes.

- I have tried to close permanently all pined app on my phone;

deleted the AirBnB app;

completely turned off the phone;

after turning it back on, I have installed AirBnB app again...

And all of it didn't help, app still crashes.

I have Xiaomi Redmi 3;

Android ver. 5.1.1;

MIUI ver. 8.1.1.0.

In three weeks I'm going on a trip, and without app I can't officially contact the Host.
I will appreciate your help!

After the latest AirBnB update everything is back and works!

Hello I’m using an iOS system what can I do to make it work? Yes I’ve rebooted and reinstalled the app 

Christine653
Level 2
Kenley, United Kingdom

I have been having the same problem for the last few days on my iPhone 6s - I have done everthing - the operating system has been updated, reintalled numerous times, rebooted etc. Phoned airbnb UK and they said that they will investigate the problem but it has not been resolved yet.  My account is fine on my iPad and I can log into the app on my husbands phone.  It is VERY annoying!!!! 

Same is happening for my on an iPhone 6.  It just stays on the home page and the three dots just move back and forth. 

Vinny4
Level 1
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

My keeps saying verify yourself and wont let me do anything. I called Airbnb and theres no block on my account.  Just cant login on the app

Dee100
Level 1
Galesburg, IL

Hello, I am having the same problem. The app loads then a second later closes. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I have shut down my phone and rebooted it. I have checked all app settings. Nothing has fixed the problem. All other apps working properly. I have an Android phone. 

Very frustrating when I have booked a place for next weekend. Would make things smoother if I had the app.

Guest3
Level 2
Buljarica, Montenegro

Pozdrav, problem je i beta verziji, napustite beta verziju i obrisite airbnb aplikaciju i opet instslirajte i uzivajte

Yurii0
Level 2
Kiev, Ukraine

So, is there any solution? My trip is in two weeks, and without app I have no means to contact the host. =(

I have an Android phone and at some point after update, app stopped working (crashes right after start).

Elisa366
Level 1
Porto District, Portugal

Hello to everyone 🙂

I have a problem with Airbnb app on my android (Huawei P7) i have 3 airbnb accounts, and i do change account the app just freeze. 

I already uninstall several times Airbnb app, clean and antivirus my cell phone.

Do you please have any suggestions? This is a kind of stress 😞

Thanks and a great day to all!

Elisa

Jacky57
Level 2
Diss, United Kingdom

Yes same problem but on my phone, I have been trying to book accommodation since Monday, I have tried on a desk top but cannot upload my ID.... seriously fed up.... AIRBNB have contacted me but I dont think they really understand what the problem is.  SERIOUSLY fed up .  May have to use a Travel Lodge ......... 😞