Airbnb are £7000 in debt to me

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Airbnb are £7000 in debt to me

I have not been paid since June. I’m due £7000. I have become business verified and changed my payment method as both were advised to me to do. Why can’t senior management deal with this? 

11 Replies 11
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Jill548 ,

Sorry to hear about this situation. Could you please share some more details with me and I can reach out to the CS team.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

CS team? It;s a JOKE! 

Airbnb currently owes me $60.000 dollars. YES. I know.. it sounds crazy. 

Nobody knows why the payments are not being processed. 

I need to speak with someone that can DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

CS team... come on... all they do is write notes and tell you its going to be ok. 

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Sure can you message me privately please?

Kevin1056
Level 6
Los Angeles, CA

You have to keep callign back and you have to be very strong tempered on the phone. Remember that there are 3 levels of customer service reps... The 3rd Level are the most experienced and have most control over the backend of the system.  Also try to get an American Customer service representative. 

I was double charged on a refund to a guest it took me 7 calls and 5 days to finally get to a higher level rep, once I got to the higher level rep the issue was resolved in about 10 min. Dont let the 1st level rep push you around, you push them around and demand to speak to a supervisor. 

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Thanks Kevin. We are actually on our 3rd case manager. They try to escalate internally but are not getting anywhere. I have not been paid since 17th June. Tried writing to Airbnb Ireland recorded delivery and signed for. No response. Tried writing to Airbnb Payments UK ltd and signed for. No response. Tried emailing Airbnb payments UK at the email address in our T&Cs but get a bounce back on the email address saying it doesn’t exist. I have nowhere else to go. I have tried deleting the account which payments go into and setting up another. No effect. I have tried switching the payment type to PayPal. No effect. At one point they were saying I need to be business verified which I entered all my information about the B and B into professional tools page. No effect.  I am at a complete loss what to do next. 

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

My latest response from the “ case manager”  is below.

This is what we’re dealing with

Hi Jill,

This is Jorell again, I really do apologize if teh progress of our case is not as fast as you are expecting. The people that are helping us on this case are people from the higher team, unfortunately this team are not customer facing meaning they really need to coordinate with us to convey instructions or resolutions.

I am constantly sending follow up with them and right now I am yet to receive an update.

I will send one again right now.

We truly appreciate your impeccable patience on this.

Thank you

Annie779
Level 1
Chicago, IL

airbnb is $1300 in debt to me on a current reservation.  A guest has been staying here 17 days and airbnb still has not sent an ACH deposit to my bank.  I contact airbnb support daily with no results.  airbnb support says they've released my payment and they're tracking it.  That's their problem not mine. 

I want airbnb's delinquent payout now, or I may be forced to ask the guest to leave since airbnb didn't pay me for his reservation.  That would punish the guest for airbnb's failure to pay a superhost one day after guest checks in, according to our contract. 

How many other hosts are not receiving guest payouts on time, as contracted by airbnb?  Do hosts need to demand payment before a guest checks in to prevent airbnb payout delinquencies?  

Annie

Denys17
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Is it possible to demand payments from the guest in cash before the check-in?

I am not receiving payments for my 3 properties for the last 2 months. Thinking if I should cancel all future bookings.

Is your case was resolved? Is it any hope for me to receive my money?

Reading now all the requests for help and i am fully shocked. 

Jill548
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Airbnb have now released the pending payments and cleared in my bank account (the original bank account)  So relieved you have no idea.  The issue explained was due to the business verification process, which is now complete.  I have now relisted my rooms.  

My advice to anyone facing this issue is to keep patient.  Its very frustrating, worrying and stressful but in the end Airbnb did resolve the issue. It just takes time.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jill548 @Stephanie 

Jill, congratulations! Huge relief.....

I did say on the other thread it just required patience and you would be paid.

Though I wonder if Stephanie's interjection helped in your case?

----------

ps. Please remember if you wish to address anyone specific,  use the @ sign + drop down menu w. name appears. The addressee then receives notification. 

Ming4
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie i have problem payout.more £7.000/year.what i can do ?call guest leave?thanks