Airbnb blocking or hiding listings, not showing in Search

Dennis59
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Airbnb blocking or hiding listings, not showing in Search

Hello Commuinty,

I've been a host for sevearl years, but recently I noticed my listings no longer show up on aibnb.

I've done everything possible to make my listing accurate and complete, turned on instant booking, reduced price, input all the info etc. Have good revies.

RESULT:

Listing will not show up if you seach in the city of Seoul.

It only shows up when you search neighborhood.

I feel this is really poor, and obvioiusly means not many people can find my apartments?

Is anyone elese exerienceing the same things???

All the staff keep assuring me it's searchable. But just not in the city. How rediculise is this.

Airbnb staff wrote the below email to me.

• Airbnb • 1732 answers • 100% helpful

Hi Dennis,
    I am a superhost in Australia and have the same issues, so sympathise entirely.
    My place on Sydney's northern beaches only comes up if you search "Newport" and infact, if you put in "northern beaches" the search returns places in the city (not near the beach) and other beach suburbs in regional areas outside of sydney rather than mine - It is frustrating and on no real comfort to you, but I have complained to airbnb about it on on numerous occasions and they just keep re-assuring me that they are constantly improving their search engine.
    I can re-direct your enquiry to airbnb staff to investigate further but in all honesty, from my personal experience, it won't change things.
    Cheers,
    Michelle

Any Help or suggestion would be appreiated.  This needs to be fixed as it's killing the experience as a host. We spend hours updating and can not get found for the city were are hosting in, it's pretty bad.

Dennis

10 Replies 10
Nancy205
Level 1
Dobbs Ferry, NY

When I search for the location in the Smokies for my listing, Jake's Cabin, lots of other places show up but not mine.  How can I even contract a person at Airbnb to correct this?

Niki2
Level 2
Fuengirola, Spain

I have the same experience. Extremely hard ( impossible ) to find my listing on a search. It was not even on the map!

Compared to last year I get almost no inquiries/bookings. Today I cleared my browsing data, and Bingo! there it was on a search.

But the fact remains... very little activity for muy listing on the views/ inquiries/ booking front. 😞

We have a listing outside of Salida, Colorado. Our address is listed in Salida, Colorado. We do not come up at all. It is even in the title Salida, Colorado Get Away. I cannot find it when I am logged out by any search at all. Any response from airbnb yet?

Hello @Gail-and-Lenny0,

When I go to your listing it says "

This home is on people’s minds.
It’s been viewed 194 times in the past week."
That's seen in the first screenshot below.

I searched, while logged out, for "Entire home/apt" accommodation in Salida for the 27th to the 28th of August.
Your listing showed up in Maysville, as seen in the second screenshot below.

Steve.
Screenshot (130).png

Screenshot (132).png

No good response from Airbnb.

I Simply gave up and listed my property on Booking.com instead. And immediately I got plenty of bookings.

How do you list your listings on booking.com do you have to be a hotel owner

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Gail-and-Lenny0

I have the same results as @Steve143

On another point, one of your photo's is advertising your business with direct contact details. I recommend remove it before ABB see it and close your account.

Same thing is happening to me. I am a super host. Been hosting 5 years. Last 4 months. I am getting none. Absoulty no inquiries. I did the same as above. Lowered the price. Turned on instant book. Get rid of the cleaning fee and updated pictures and nothing. I am losing a lot of money and can not afford to keep my apartment. I used to get 2 to 4 inquires a day. Airbnb does not help. Most of the times when I call. I am calling the Philippines n just getting somebody reading off a script. My listings are no where to be found. I can not find them. All Airbnb says is it is slow. REALLY. It is Holiday season in N.Y. I even turn the strict cancellation policy on my listings to flexable. Airbnb seems not to give two **bleep**s sbout thr hosts that make the company money. It is all about thr guests. I had an Italian girl lie to Airbnb and say I had bedbugs to get out of her monthly resevation after staying with me for 49 nights. Kind of odd to have bedbugs bitting you for 50 days and no bites or bedbugs. I had exterminator receipts from before and during and after she stayed. Claiming no bugs of any kind. I have over 100 five star reviews and no mention of bugs. But still Airbnb refunded her back all her money. Even the money from the time she stayed. So my next 2 monthly reservations were sucked back up to paying back Airbnb. After they got their money back. My listings are no where to be found. I had a group of five girls stay for a couple nights and left me another five star review. Then I had a doctor stay for 3 nights and leave another 5 star review. And that is it. I am in the red. Behind in bills and behind in rent. I used to be booked every week end and would always have a long term monthly guest. Airbnb turned into nightmare craigslist. If I do not get any booking this month. I am going to have to give up my 4 bedroom apt and move out of New York. I used Airbnb to rent out my kids room and help pay child support. When I get my kids. I do not rent out the rooms. I do not know what to do. Airbnb will not help me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. [Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

Hi Joseph, I have my property on Booking.com now. I got lots of reservation from them. It's working very well. I have no luck with Airbnb any more. Extremely few bookings. They refuse to take away reviews I have of a property that I no longer own. That is bringing down my rating.

You don't have to be a hotel owner to list with Booking.com. That's my best advice.

Maureen166
Level 1
Marshall, NC

I have the same issue in Marshall, NC and airbnb support has been NO help.  After much troubleshooting on my own part it seems that the search engine is excluding my listing based on the map.  If filters such as the street name and zip code are added - then  my listing is found but if just the city and state is in the search, my listing is not found.  99% of potential renters are only going to use city and state - I have requested tech support to review and received no help.  I will be moving my listings to Wimdu and Yayoo since airbnb doesnt seem to want to help.  Pretty disappointed super host