Airbnb breaches consumer's civil rights

Matt434
Level 3
Reston, VA

Airbnb breaches consumer's civil rights

1. An Airbnb representative contacted the consumer weeks after the consumer vacated; checked out, terminated lease, with no case open, to reprimand, warn and repress the consumer for communicating with the business owner who he had leased 1 month from.
  2.  The consumer paid in full the taxes, platform fees, cleaning fees, and for occupancy. Airbnb scolded, warned, sent intimidating message to the consumer, and stepped out of their business boundaries into the personal life of the consumer.

Airbnb breached the civil rights of the consumer.

Would you want your grocery store contacting you , to harass and intimidate you, for your contacting the maker of a product you bought from the grocery store?

I am the guest dealing with this issue currently.  It has been very disturbing, and upsetting.

6 Replies 6
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Matt434   Under the circumstances you have outlined above I will have to assume that after checking out of your Airbnb you continued to contact your former host.  Contact details for Hosts and guests are only made available to either party once a booking has been confirmed and once the reservation is complete are no longer visible.  Generally Airbnb would only intervene and ask you to desist if your former Host requested them to do so.  Your business transaction with this Host was for an agreed period of time which has now been completed. 

Johanna394
Level 10
Tampere, Finland

Is this still about those same issues you have been going on and on for months now, or has something new arisen?

@Matt434 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matt434 we've missed you. Can we at least hear the whole story before commenting further?

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0 … Have I fallen into a bit of a ‘rabbit hole’ here? 🤣

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Matt434  If this is a new issue, there is not enough information in OP to form any judgment. From the very brief information you gave it sounds like your host may have contacted Airbnb and complained of harrassing or otherwise inappropriate messages/.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Matt434   I hope that writing this post about AirBnB and the other one where you detailed your complaints about the host have given you some relief from your obvious anger and angst.   Now, pull up your socks and move on with your life.  Neither the host nor AirBnB are going to apologize to you.