Airbnb calculating incorrect monthly pricing

Kazi25
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

Airbnb calculating incorrect monthly pricing

Airbnb calculated monthly pricing for two of my listings incorrectly and continues to show incorrect price for future booking. Have been speaking with Airbnb for over a month. Initially they rejected my claim saying I set those prices and when I showed them proof by showing incorrect price for new bookings under travel mode, they acknowledged there might be a bug and they will look into it. They have however closed the ticket  but no one has contacted me to say what are they doing. 

I have my minimum price set at 85 per night with 25% monthly discount. For Dec 1-31st, minimum price of booking should be atleast $85×0.75x 30 or $1,912 (plus cleaning and service charge) but airbnb is only showing a price of $1452. Anyone has similar experience and what did you do to resolve?

Screenshot_20211009-111619_Airbnb.jpg

Screenshot_20211009-111531_Airbnb.jpg

Screenshot_20211009-111419_Airbnb.jpg

Screenshot_20211009-103946_Airbnb.jpg

  

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kazi25 

This price is not the result of the monthly discount. It is probably the result of a fixed price set for the specific month(s). Did you check this in your listing ?

@Emiel1 Thanks. How do I check if specified any monthly price

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kazi25 

In the same section where "monthly discount percentage" is set, using the textlink "Set a custom price for a specific month"

@Emiel1 

Thanks. I checked and there is no option for me to add or set monthly price through the Length of Stay prices page. The only other option is to set discount for 8 weeks or 12 weeks through the link Add a discount for other stays. I checked other months like Jan and Feb/March 2022 and it shows discounted price of about 1500 per month. Any ideas how can I access and get rid of this monthly 1500 price and charge regular rent less monthly discount? I don't have any promotions on either. 

Screenshot_20211009-151255_Airbnb.jpg

Screenshot_20211009-151622_Airbnb.jpg

Kim2738
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

I have had this issue as well.  My months discount is set at 40% but air bnb is giving 58% discount. The support team acknowledged the error to me and said they were working on a fix but then closed the ticket and never got back to me. That was a month ago.  In the meantime I’ve eliminated the monthly discount but that affecting how many booking I can get. Anybody know of a work around?

Stasi0
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

I have been having these same issues since October! I’m currently trying to resolve this issue after having already removed the said custom pricing. I keep getting the same response back from Airbnb and I’m now on the hook for several thousand dollars for a booking I approved after checking the monthly charges and knowing I had removed all discounts. Turns out the bottom line was different from the monthly pricing and there was in fact discounts which have come from no where??? 

help! I am at the end of ideas in how to resolve this on my own and have continuously had to go back to guests for more money. I’ve lost bookings because the error creates expectations for the guest and I am disappointing them by having to ask. This is hurting my business after already having been offline since the beginning of CoVid lockdowns. What recourse do I have?