Airbnb can't let me book a special offer : " dates are no longer available"

Answered!
Nicolas624
Level 1
Paris, France

Airbnb can't let me book a special offer : " dates are no longer available"

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

To make it simple, I try to book a private room for 1 month, I sent a request + message to the host, then they sent me an inquiry (which I have to accept within 24h), THEN, few messages later, they sent me a special offer on the same request. When I try to book (accept the special offer and pay), Airbnb is telling me that "dates are no longer available" while the dates (on the guest side) are still available ! 

Plus it is told on the policy website that you can't send a special offer to a guest unless the dates are available.

So i'm stuck right now, and I can't book because Airbnb is saying that the "dates are no longer available" 

Is there anyone here who had the same problem ? What should I do ? Or what should the host do ? 

Thank you for taking the time to read, 

Nicolas

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Nicolas624 ,

Seems to me unneccesary complicated. There is a request, an strange inquiry ("then they sent me an inquiry"?)  and a special offer. The special offer can not be accepted, because the request is blocking the dates. So the request has to be removed and then the special offer can be accepted. Or accept the request, and change reservation to conditions in special offer.

Best regards, Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Nicolas624 ,

Seems to me unneccesary complicated. There is a request, an strange inquiry ("then they sent me an inquiry"?)  and a special offer. The special offer can not be accepted, because the request is blocking the dates. So the request has to be removed and then the special offer can be accepted. Or accept the request, and change reservation to conditions in special offer.

Best regards, Emiel