Airbnb cancelled reservation during stay due to host breach of policy

Stella412
Level 1
Gothenburg, SE

Airbnb cancelled reservation during stay due to host breach of policy

Hi, 

I just received a phonecall from Airbnb where they told me they need to cancel my reservation immediately as the host breached the service regulations (they could not tell me more). They told me I need to move out today. They will reimburse me for transportation and a hotel tonight, and tomorrow someone from AirBnb will send an email with options for a stay as I will be at my location for another four weeks. Does anyone have experience with these situations? 

I chose the place I am currently in due the price and proximity to my work. It was hard finding that place and I am just afraid they will send me expensive options for the rest of my stay. Will they match the price I paid for the current place or do they not care about this?

I appreciate any help!

1 Reply 1

@Stella412 I would not make the assumption that they're going to cover any costs beyond what they offered today: that is, a refund for the remainder of your current stay plus transport and one night's hotel stay. You're probably on your own after this unless they state otherwise. Making up the difference on a replacement booking is not something I've ever heard of them doing.

I hesitate to say this without knowing the cause of this abrupt action, but if you prefer to make arrangements with the current host outside of Airbnb, you are free to do so at your own risk, on your own terms. But naturally they will have no responsibility or liability connected with such an arrangement.