Airbnb charged me cancellation fee when airbnb support was the one who cancelled

Airbnb charged me cancellation fee when airbnb support was the one who cancelled

They charged me $100 cancellation fee when it was the guest who asked the AIRBNB support to cancel their reservation. It was cancelled before 24hrs of booking. After cancellation, an airbnb support messaged me and clarified with me that I have no cancellation fee. But upon checking my payouts, they deducted $100!! I chatted with their customer service yesterday and told me they'll return back to me but until now, they did not. Help.. it's not easy earning money then they just rob it out of nowhere 😕

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Nadine553   Do you recall agreeing to the guest cancellation?  If so, that is seen as a host cancellation.  If your communication with the guest is on the Air BNB message system supporting that the guest initiated the cancellation, call Air BNB and protest the host cancellation penalty.  In the future, NEVER cancel a guest booking without involving the Air BNB staff.  The automated system is not host friendly.

Deborah794
Level 2
Lexington, KY

I did get authorization for host cancellation.  I now cannot reach Airbnb to have charges corrected.  I have tried calling and online chat with no response after a hour on hold