Airbnb claims it over paid our account during the mass cancellations

Airbnb claims it over paid our account during the mass cancellations

Hi all - Airbnb claims they over paid our account when refunding cancellation do to covid from earlier this year, so now they are keeping all rental income from the 37 units we manage here on Maui. The problem is they haven’t provided any detail regarding how much they over refunded by the unit and they are taking all income from all rentals. We have no way of knowing how apply the cancellation refund to the appropriate owner and owners that didn’t get a over refund are having their money kept by Airbnb we have know way closing out our accounting for months April through December and year end. Anyone have any idea how to get through to Airbnb, I have made 10 phone calls and each time the person in help say they will need to push the matter up to the next level. Than an email comes saying that matter was resolved, which it has not been. Any suggestions on how to get this resolved.

thanks

john

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kahana-Village0 Surely you can look at how much Airbnb paid you for cancellations and then determine 1) If they over paid or not

2) Which property 'owes' the money.

We could pay our accountant to delve into the issue at $150 an hour but why can't Airbnb just give us a statement showing this is the amount of overpayment and here is a list of which units were overpaid and by how much. I've already spent 30 hours of my time trying to just address the issue at Airbnb but nothing.

@Kahana-Village0 How strange. You must have allocated the cancellation payments to the right property so it is strange that it is so hard to determine overpayments. All the data is in the cancellation tab after all.