Airbnb customer service sucks

Cham1
Level 1
Brampton, Canada

Airbnb customer service sucks

Very bad experience with Airbnb customer service..The agent gave us wrong information about coupon expiry because of which our coupon expired and the only thing we got from Airbnb is an apology. Very disappointed that we took day off to book a trip and now cannot go because agent gave wrong information.. And Airbnb not issuing another coupon... Please help.. This is very bad.. We are suffering because of Airbnb fault and they do not do anything to rectify it... I talked to Supervisor and she said we cannot do anything. I am sorry for my agent's fault... Agent who gave wrong info was Sara M and supervisor who talked very rudely was Karen..She said you can talk to anyone, no one will give you a new coupon..Is this how you talk to customers?

I have written to Airbnb on twitter and Facebook also but no response.. I have also unlisted my house after this bad experience and will recommend my friends to Couchsurfing

8 Replies 8
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Sorry you have had a bad experience. I have nothing but high praise for AirBnb customer service through twitter.

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Cham1  I am so shocked to read this post.  Airbnb has the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE in my humble opinion,  and I deal with 500+ companies all day, all week, all month, all year!!! 

I would like to offer up an option that you might not be aware of.  Today, I called Airbnb myself to ask about this very issue, as I knew I had about 7 Travel Certificate Coupons left, and wanted to use the one that was going to expire. The phone rep offered to send me a screen capture of all 7 so I could see their codes and expiration dates.  This was GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! And 10 mins later I received his email with the screen captured list of coupons as promised.  And I booked a house today with one of those coupons.

Please do not feel this way about AIRBNB.  The reason I don't work with VRBO, or HOMEAWAY, or FLIPKEY, is my absolute loyalty to what I think is the best company out there...AIRBNB has been there for me so many times, I have lost count. And everytime I call in, I take a moment to thank the rep for answering the phones, bc OTHER COMPANIES DON"T EVEN HAVE 24/7 Phone Support!!

Keep that in mind.  UBER doesnn't even have phone support at all for their customers or drivers....."GASP!"

I would like to encourage you to write a letter to Airbnb at this email address:  response@airbnb.com

Its hard to believe that you approached them using Twitter when I personally have done so about 20 times, getting a reply in 30 mins or less.  Please consider trying again.  MIght I also suggest that you remain calm, be professional, and grateful because I can tell you that I have a $2200 Fridge that broke down after I bought it 82 days later, on Aug 2, 2016, and Whirlpool still HAS NOT apologized to me or contacted me to see if its been fixed.  Took 3.5 weeks to fix it, and it was a brand NEW fridge.  I have emailed them, called them, initiated an urgent case with them, contacted on Social media over 25 times.....got NOTHING.  Airbnb has never done that to me.  They always have my back in all situations....including on issues of coupons.   

Curious....how did you earn this coupon?  FYI - an email is sent when coupons are earned and they last only ONE YEAR.   Good luck and let us know how things go.

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Hi

My bad experience came from the fact that one agent gave me the wrong information about my coupon expiry.. She said the coupon expires at the end of the day whereas we found out it expired at 4 PM.. And we were making the booking after 4 PM.. Thats why I am angry at AIrbnb that it is their fault which they even accepted but they said we cant do anything to help you.. We will train our people better.. Now I am stuck as my coupon expired due to an agents fault and Airbnb Cust service is not willing to help me..

Did you get any expiry time along with the expiry dates for your coupons? If not, you will be in for a hard time if you use it on the last day..

I agree I've only had amazing customer service through Twitter.  Try that. Tweet to @airbnb_help 

David850
Level 1
Plymouth Township, MI

I just talked to an Airbnb customer service rep and didn't get anywhere. All I got was polite rhetoric and was told that I would be assigned to a case manager. When I asked when I could expect a return call I was told that we would be put on high priority but no one was available to speak to me now.

I can't believe that they are so mysterious and don't have a better customer service system. I fly for Delta IRLINES AND I"m sad to say that we have partnered up with such a bad company.

I would warn any potential customer to steer clear of Airbnb and not do business with them.

HA HA HA Promises promises do they have case managers they never came back to me for 9 MONTHS

Zach18
Level 1
Colombia

I couldn't agree more. The two times I've needed to resolve an issue and NEEDED to speak to an agent, it's almost imposibl to even find the number. It's like they don't want you to speak with a real person, and that is really annoying an insulting. I'm currently on the phone listening to **bleep**ty elevator music, been like 30 minutes now, I just want to be able to speak to a real person, is it that hard? 

Sandra822
Level 2
Spartochori, Greece

I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE SEPTEMBER 2017 FOR AIRB&B TO RECTIFY MY LISTING PROBLEMS, 

Talk with Ireland Italy where ever no one does what they promise