Airbnb direct contact phone number in USA for customer service?

Patrick153
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Airbnb direct contact phone number in USA for customer service?

Hello,

Is there such a thing as a direct phone number to call customer service?

I've looked at other postings but don't see any replies with a phone number.

If you know the number, please share.

Why should we as Hosts even have to be inquiring and posting on this?  Why isn't a phone number readily available?

Thanks,

Patrick

11 Replies 11
Eileen40
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

Hi Patrick,

I have this number, 855-424-7262. I saved it several years ago when I joined airbnb. I have a similar situation that occured last week, not the noise, but the absolute disregard of guests of my house rules. I came back to a wrecked house, stained furniture, wine and coffee spilled everywhere and missing things. I contacted the guest, no reply. I waited to review, but now have found my time was expired. I want to at the very least, flag the guest for other hosts to beware, but cannot find that available either. If anyone can assist, I would appreciate that too. It is rare and I cannot "prove" the missing things, but I agree with you that we as hosts deserve more support from airbnb. I too will be calling them!

Best of luck,

Eileen

Thanks Eileen, I appreciate it.  I still don't understand why the phone number for customer service has to be so elusive.

I do feel that the guests run the show, and we as hosts have little recourse or rights.

Unfortunately Airbnb has tanked in customer service over the last 6 months or so. They use offshore customer service reps. I’m canceling my listing because I can’t take the blatant disregard they have for hosts who graciously share their homes. I have been trying to get in contact with someone for 3 days regarding an issue and I’m bounced back and forth between different offshore reps with no clue what’s going on and they refuse to transfer you to anyone who can help. I think the goal is to just aggravate people so they give up. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Odd that you can not find it, this question must have been asked and answered at least once a day since I have participated on this forum.

There have been many many posts about the Host Guarantee, there are strict procedures to be followed and even then many people have had issues. If the review date has passed I assume so has the opportunity to make a claim.

You can flag a Guest by going to their profile, however your best opportunity is part of the review process, big thumbs down and the reason why.

David

You hit the nail on the head, David...the question regarding a contact number for customer service should not have to be posted once a day.  It's obviously a problem.

Also, the email link for customer service I could find, did not work.

Thanks for your response.

Absolutely a problem and one AirBnB have stated they are aware of and are seeking to address.

There is no email, Facebook and Twitter seem to work.

David

@Patrick153 Sending a Twitter direct message to @airbnbhelp has worked well for me.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Patrick153,

Nice to meet you. 

I am sorry to hear your difficulty in finding a way to contact the Support Team. You are in the right place as @David126 mentions there is lots of information on this here in the Community Center, in particular if you go to the top of the Help board you will see the list of Community Guides and below that the Contact guide. I would also recommend exploring the CC here at there is a huge amount of great information or perhaps start a new topic and try asking your question, as we might be able to point you in the right direction. 🙂

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hayley28
Level 1
Whitchurch Canonicorum, United Kingdom

Hi @Lizzie

I hope it's ok I'm replying to you on this post, you sent me a message about UK customer service and said you'd started a new post for me but when I try to go to it is says an error has occured.  Perhaps you could advise me, I'm going round in circles trying to get some help:-

I have had a guest who after asking for a discount before booking (which was refused) asked for compensation on leaving stating that the internet wasn't working good enough for his needs, he has sent me a refund request for £150, I really want to know where I stand and what I should do, should I decline this request, accept it?  What happens if I ignore the request will Airbnb automatically give him the money?  It is quite a worry that someone can just decide they want some money back and request it without substance (he tried complaining about many things but all were non starters, think this was the only one he could think of which couldn't be proven, although we had other guests staying at the same time who stated the internet was 10/10).  Any help/advice would be very gratefully received.

Sorry if this comment is in the wrong place, first time I've used this support.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Hayley28

When you have a new post just click on the large red button at the top of the forums. It's best to do this or your post will get lost in the middle of someone's.

Anyway to answer your question.

No you don't have to agree with this, if it's not true and the amount he is asking for is plain silly.

Don't ignore the request. Just write back and say why you are refusing.

What you say depends on the circumstances.  If your broadband was fine,  say something like.

'We were suprised to see that XXX is asking for compensation due to what is claimed to be poor internet access. We have been hosting for XXX and have regularly been awarded 10/10 for our internet access. We have XXXX broadband width which provides fast access for streaming films, day to day internet use and sending and receiving large files.

'The internet access was consistently of this standard throughout XXX's stay.

'He did not raise any concerns about access during his stay'.

Patrick153
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

The direct contact phone in the US is 855-424-7262. I’ve had good luck with this but it was a challenge to find this number! For some reason, Airbnb is not known for their Host customer service, as most services are all in favor of the guest, like the cancellation policy...which I strongly disagree with. That guest cancellation policy has been the biggest issue for me, because guests can cancel and throw my whole calendar off without financial compensation. A close friend and fellow Airbnb host had his home trashed by a guest, and months later is still trying to get compensation from Airbnb. I think it’s time Host get better treatment. And this new Airbnb Plus? What? Another way for me to be charged more to get noticed? Please...