Airbnb direct phone number?

Answered!

Airbnb direct phone number?

How do I contact Airbnb with a billing question that needs an immediate answer?  Maybe one of you will be willing to help us.  We recently had a guest request a cancellation on their reservation because a grandmother in their family had suffered a stroke. Then the guest changed their mind and said they were still coming. After that was all solved an historical ice storm hit Texas and our guest moved their reservation outside of the storm.  On the 5th day before this newly scheduled arrival our guest requested another cancellation  because his grandfather had passed away. Truthfully, I was a bit perturbed with all the excuses and changes but, wanted to give this young man the benefit of a doubt.  So, we immediately changed our 'strict' cancellation policy (before he cancelled) to moderate hoping Airbnb would refund all of his money.

This morning (one week later) Airbnb emailed us this morning that the guest's money (reservation total minus Airbnb fees) is on it's way to our bank and should be deposited within 5 business days. Number one why did Airbnb refund us the money and not the guest?  What a hassle!  

Then Airbnb sent us a notification that the guest is requesting his money back in the amount of two nights stay minus cleaning fees, etc.  

We reviewed the cancelled reservation online. It shows an amount refunded to the guest (100%) and an amount sent to us. What?? Does Airbnb pay us anyway if a guest cancels due to a death?  Will someone please explain?  Did the guest get his money?  Do I wait another week and then try and figure out how to pay the guest outside of Airbnb?  I want all transactions to go through this company. What a mess to have put us in.  Please? Can anyone help us. Thanks. 

Now this man is asking me to refund his money. Does anyone know what is going on?  I need to explain this to an actual human.... no computerized operators please??   I need this client happy and out of my life.  This is ridiculous and very time consuming! I would appreciate any advice from the community please? 

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kent-and-Sherry0 

Changing the cancellation policy does never affect a already confirmed reservation.

The new cancellation policy set will apply to new bookings.

So after the guest cancelled the reservation, the "strict cancellation policy" calculated the payout an/or refund, which information is shared with you and the guest.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Kent-and-Sherry0 

Beside phone call, did you try " live chat " with a CS? ( not an Airbnb bot)

Usually, you will have an answer from them within minutes.

In addition, contact Airbnb via social media Twitter, Facebook for attention with fast respond.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

Best,

Hello, Dale and Dan. Thank you for you fast response to my problem! Truthfully, I was so frustrated I never saw the links for live chat or phone calls. Airbnb has helped us quickly many times in the past. I believe not being able to find 'fast links' this morning added to my agitation. 

Also, I previously responded to you and received the following error.  Please pass this along to Airbnb Admins if you have that authority. Thank you very much for all your help! Have a wonderful evening! 

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  •  
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kent-and-Sherry0 

Changing the cancellation policy does never affect a already confirmed reservation.

The new cancellation policy set will apply to new bookings.

So after the guest cancelled the reservation, the "strict cancellation policy" calculated the payout an/or refund, which information is shared with you and the guest.

Hello, Emiel1.   Thank you for explaining how Airbnb policies work. You have taught us a hard learned lesson today.  We love the Airbnb family and do plan on hosting as long as our good health continues to serve our needs.  Take care & happy and safe travels! 

Sherry 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Perhaps Airbnb is honouring you with a compensatory sum. Has the Guest has his share of the refund due yet? @Kent-and-Sherry0 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Kent-and-Sherry0 I would cease responding to the Guest and let him know that Airbnb has issued him with a refund.

Then leave it to him to hassle for it (he may already have had his refund or its pending and he is trying something on, or, genuinely doesn't understand that his money will be with him in due course). Honestly you have done a really great job and been so kind. Well done!!

Now you can take a well earned rest. You have fulfilled your obligations and hopefully also been rewarded. I hope you will still consider staying with us at Airbnb.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

PS @Kent-and-Sherry0 

Recommended not pay the guest any money outside of the automated mechanism. I hope you have not been put off Airbnb and will continue to use the Company is what I meant...!! Not that you'll be coming all the way over here to the UK....!!!! Although of course you would be welcome I meant in a proprietorial way I hope you will continue to use 'us'  ie. Airbnb.

The company does on occasion pay both parties (but here in the Community we cannot confirm that in your case...but I hope that it is the outcome. ). Hope you can relax now

Hello, Sweet Mary996.  Thank you very much for your swift reply!  Oh my! I wish I could visit you in the UK! My father was adopted in the US.  His grandparents and biological families are all from the areas surrounding London. Our matters have been resolved and we have learned a couple of lessons the hard way. Yes, we will continue to host guests in our Texas home. We love our Airbnb family!  

Sherry

Well then @Kent-and-Sherry0 we share a common heritage. I was raised in Surrey, which is to the Southeast of London. Lovely to meet you!