Airbnb failed me - left with damage camper van even after guest assumed their fault

Airbnb failed me - left with damage camper van even after guest assumed their fault

After discovering that Airbnb allowed for the renting of Camper Vans I put mine there to make some cash while not using.

I was a bit worried but, since airbnb allowed for a security deposit, I thought that I was secured. I couldn't be more wrong...

My second reserve was a hell with the group that rented completely destroying the clutch system making me cancel 3 reservation and spend more than 1600 euros on repairs..

I activated the security deposit of 1500 euros, just hoping that at least I wouldn't lose money on this event.

After one month, multiple calls (all of them with Airbnb reasuring that they were on it) and the guests assumig their fault but being reluctant to pay 1500 (1000 was the maximum they accepted), Airbnb claims that their terms of service only apply for non moving camper vans (????) and so they will not do anything to help me out.

I was an active member of the community, I had my room and house on airbnb and multiple positive comments.

I never thought that Airbnb could be so bad towards their members.

I canceled my account and will never use Airbnb again.

I now have to hope for the goodwill of those who dammage my property when I though I had Airbnb to back me up if needed.

1 Reply 1
João21
Level 3
Lisbon, Portugal

I reactivated my account to take some data out and take this issue to other parties and higher level.

So you can here see my profile, my rooms and my reviews.

I am really sad and feel totaly disrespected by Airbnb.

How can they shield themselves with the terms of service when even the guests assume the damage?

How can they take 1 month to give this reply? If it was the terms of service the reply should have been immediately

What good is worth a security deposit for a camper van if it is only valid when non moving?