Airbnb fake token support of host, ambiguous and without accountability.

Airbnb fake token support of host, ambiguous and without accountability.

Has anyone else received this ridiculous message?

Airbnb will share in the costs of COVID-19 cancellations
Even though your guest canceled under the extenuating circumstances policy, we want to support you in these tough times with a payment from our coronavirus emergency support fund—it should arrive in your account within 4 weeks.

No amount mentioned???? This reservation was about $2000.00. According to my cancelation policy I would have seen $1000.00.

Has anyone received any payouts on this kind of thing?

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 9.12.38 PM.png

27 Replies 27
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Maria481 your cancelled reservations page will inform you of the amount that you will receive. Don't forget to take off any cleaning fees, taxes etc prior to calculating the refund amount.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Maria481

HI Maria

The formula for support payouts is:

(nightly rate) x (# of nights) x 0.97 x 0.25

@Maria481 @Paul60

Apologies, scratch that - I screwed it up and gave the formula for the 25%, instead of the 12.5%! The correct formula, as schooled to me by the infinitely more mathematically-minded @Ute42 below, is..

(nightly rate) x (number of nights) x 0.97 x 0.5 x 0.25

Whatever the 'formula' is it adds up to a big FU to hosts.

I know for a fact that the host side and the guest side are like two separate businesses. It is their overt policy to prioritize everything to do with the guest side and disregard the host side.

I lost 25K in cancellations, my payout so far, $1600. 

That's exactly what it adds up to @Maria481. It's just too depressing to even look at the figures. My own payout - with several missing amounts that should have been eligible - won't even cover my utilities bills for one month, let alone several. Heading into the third month now of zero income (with nothing but more of the same for the foreseeable future), straight off the back of a long hard winter when bookings were few and far between, due entirely to Airbnb's deliberate  ramping up of the gross over-saturation of our market.

Fun times. 

Paul60
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Maria481 Thanks Maria.  What does 0.97 represent?

Airbnb are Snakes.

@Paul60

It represents the payout, minus Airbnb's service fee. 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Maria481

While many hosts previously could only see zeroed totals, a new Reservations - Cancelled page has started to be rolled out today which makes it easier to see total losses, and support payouts due.

The info on new page as follows:

* Date of cancellation

* Guest name/number of dates

* Check-in date

* Check-out date

* Arrival date

* Listing name

* Payout status (scheduled/pending/N/A)

* Support payout amount (if any)

* 0riginal payout amount

* Details

** Note - if exporting report to spreadsheet, the support payout columns do not show up.

This new view page started rolling out this morning, but it seems that not all users have access to it yet. 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Also should mention, discrepancies have been showing up in the payout status column, where it also states whether the cancellation was COVID-related or not, so everyone needs to keep an eye on that. 

Also, some of the payout amounts are erroneous too, as they're apparently being calculated on the incorrect nightly rates at time of booking). As always, be vigilant, and double-check everything. 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Susan17 

Shouldn't the the formula for support payouts be:

(nightly rate) x (# of nights) x 0.97 x 0.50 x 0.25   ?

Lol! I have no idea @Ute42 - I haven't got a scooby when it comes to figures - I'm not too bad with words, but maths are not my thing! That's the formula that was given to me yesterday.

Prior to that, it had taken me 5 days of endlessly poring over tons of different examples, trying to figure out why the hell none of them were working out at 1/8th of nightly rate x number of nights (shows how basic my maths skills are), to finally arrive at the conclusion that Airbnb were also deducting their 3% service fee.

Personally, once I'd worked that out, I felt my basic way of calculating it was simpler, but I just put down the mathematical formula here instead because I didn't want to expose my own complete lack of mathematical skillage 😋🤗

PS That said.. I did feel the 0.97 x 0.25 made sense, but I'm definitely not grasping how or why the 0.50 should come into it? 

@Susan17 

Now the readers of this thread can chose from 2 formulars

and decide which one works best for them.