Airbnb fees for yearly contract

Airbnb fees for yearly contract

Greetings,

I have a guest who is interested to rent my flat for a year. We will like to explore a significant reduction to our fees since you will get 24 payments from both of us.

The alternative is to book for the minimum period and then sort the whole rent agreement ourselves but this won't be Fair for Airbnb who made the booking possible for both of us 

Waiting to hear from you

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@George735 Airbnb doesn't work like that, you can't negotiate their fees, they are applied automatically and calculated depending on various factors. Also you won't have any protection from Airbnb, no matter how insignificant it might be, if you agree with him on a deal outside of the platform. 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@George735 

You need to get you lawyer involved to create a proper lease agreement between you and your proposed tenant, with a deposit which you hold.

I would never make a lease agreement for a year under Airbnb Terms & Conditions which are designed to protect Airbnb rather then you, as host.

Additionally, you'll have to provide all the utilities and benefits associated with your Airbnb listing and give Airbnb their circa 20% fee.

Do more research before you get involved in a yearly lease because most certainly you guest/tenant will have the upper hand otherwise.