Airbnb has canceled multiple reservations for no reason. HELP

Carlos3750
Level 2
Cartagena, Colombia

Airbnb has canceled multiple reservations for no reason. HELP

Airbnb has canceled 5 of my reservations for today, including clients who were already staying for no reason.

I have contacted the airbnb phone line, but they do not know why it happens, since my account does not have any problem, no investigation, or any penalty, I am a superhost and they have not notified me of any problem with the legal documents or with the guests.

Has something similar happened to someone?

Does anyone know what can I do?

I appreciate all your information

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Carlos3750 

Your account shows all listings are still active, they also are all in the search system.

So there is no suspension, probably there is some mistake.

If so, IMO Airbnb must reinstate the reservations and compensate for inconvience.

Carlos3750
Level 2
Cartagena, Colombia

Thank you Emily for your answer,

I don't know what to do, it's the same thing that the Airbnb support team tells me but they have been more than 4 hours and they don't have a solution ... They just cancel and cancel more reservations.

What do you advise me to do?

In other Blogs in this forum there are other cases where Airbnb only says "sorry" and does not compensate for the losses.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I can only suggest you contact them via twitter and FB and ask why they are cancelling your girthing for and current bookings of an established SH with no explanation @Carlos3750 

Carlos3750
Level 2
Cartagena, Colombia

Thank you. Yes, the first day I wrote to them and they replied that a professional was going to contact me ...... And nothing happened.

They seem to prefer to tire people out first before coming up with a solution. I have called several more times and the answer is the same.

"That one day they will communicate with me."

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Then keep posting until they respond 

@Carlos3750 

This is a good example of why it is important to record and file the private contact information for all registered guests.

I would contact each of them, ask if they know why their reservations were canceled, and if you both want to honor those reservations, make private arrangements to do so.

I would hope that these guests were fully refunded but I wouldn't take it for granted.

I had a similar situation and they were refunded by Airbnb without any input from me.

Larisa108
Level 1
San Diego, CA

I am a guest and airbnb constantly doing this to me every Friday, after I pay. They tell me I will get a refund, then cancel the refund. They never give me a reason, ever. They blame my bank (?) they just don't care. They left me homeless, literally couldn't pay for another stay or rebook and compensate. Left me and the poor host just not knowing why. It's really severely upsetting. Was hoping someone here could say why it's happening