Airbnb host class action@Airbnbhostclass

Peter2628
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb host class action@Airbnbhostclass

All hosts.

Extending the Extenuating circumstances policy for the coronavirus (COVID-19) to 31st May is totally unacceptable. The offer of 25% payment to hosts is not enough and should be 50% as per my agreed cancellation policy.

Once again Airbnb has taken a  moronic decision without consulting hosts. Their failure to honour their hosts cancellations policies is appalling.

All hosts please join the  Airbnb host class action@Airbnbhostclass on Twitter.

Lets all take legal action to get back what we are owed.

Disgusted Airbnb host

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Good luck @Peter2628 . I am no lawyer but I can read and understand terms and conditions. Extenuating circumstances is in those Ts and Cs and while we may not like or agree with them they are there.

I don't see any realistic prospect of legal action succeeding and I just hope people do not put up money to launch actions that have little chance of success.

Of particular concern is that if an action did succeed Airbnb would be bankrupt caught between Hosts and Guests suing them which really benefits no one.

Catherine2252
Level 8
Toulon, France

@Peter2628 

The offer is not 25% but 25% of your cancelation money so if you had to receive 50% it is 12,5%.

Did you see the petition (19 080 signatures)

https://www.change.org/p/airbnb-airbnb-breach-of-contract-class-action-lawsuit-violate-cancellation-...

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

While I can sympathsize with your feelings, I do not agree with your class action.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Like it or not (in this case), @Peter2628, you accepted the T&Cs when you signed on that dotted line, albeit electronically.