Airbnb host customer service is abysmal

John5226
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Airbnb host customer service is abysmal

Have an ongoing issue with a listing and Airbnb's support is truly awful.     How do other hosts get past the very basic "call center" responses when trying to get a problem resolved?   I am a long-standing Superhost with multiple properties and can't get past a representative saying "I'll pass this on to someone who may know what they are doing" and never hearing anything more.   All the while, the property listing is down so no one (me, Airbnb, etc) are making money.

5 Replies 5
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@John5226  “I'll pass this on to someone who may know what they are doing”

MAY know what they are doing, lol so true, that. Airbnb Customer Circus are outsourced call center workers, and behind the scenes I’m pretty sure it’s just a skeleton crew. Catherine Powell made big promises to hosts, that service would be improving. Yet it’s been a long time and things are only getting worse.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@John5226  I hope you’re well! 

Your best bet is to take to Twitter- major companies seem to resolve customer service complaints with more speed when they are aired publicly.

A host I know who has been struggling with getting their customer services issues resolved recently has decided to take that route, as it seems to be the best route for success. 

Wishing you all the best with getting your issue resolved.

@Paul1255 Thanks for the advice.  The twitter support team is indeed faster than the normal "customer service" but they aren't empowered to do anything, apparently, except say "sorry, I know this must be frustrating."

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@John5226  that’s disappointing to hear, and not much different to their normal customer service then. Sorry to hear that you haven’t had any success.

@Paul1255 The worst part is that this should be an easy fix.  There's something wrong in the system....I can't even set my minimum stay to 100 days, much less 30 or (as we are legally allowed to do) 1.