Airbnb iCal is changing the start date after a guest checkin

Betty105
Level 2
Miami, FL

Airbnb iCal is changing the start date after a guest checkin

The recent changes on iCal were already anticipated, but there is a bug that I have reported to Airbnb and they have not yet acted upon it (over 48 hours as of 12/7/19).

Core Issue: iCal export calendar is changing the reservation start date.

Problem Description :

Actual reservation start date is 03 December 2019

Export iCal data suddenly changes it to 04 December 2019

iCal value showing up as DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20191204

Disruption: my smart lock (Schlage with rBoy software) functions with the first and last two digits of the reservation dates pulled from iCal, thus the mysterious change impacts my guest by changing their smart lock code during their stay. 

Workaround: I have to do a manual create a new code for each reservation manually.

Root Cause: unknown

Airbnb Tech Support response: none yet

I have 6 listings and this has already happened with 4 listings across multiple reservations since the iCal change in December.

Is this issue happening with anyone else?  

5 Replies 5
Javed3
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

yes, same and it is affecting our booking engine data base.  have to go back in and correct the dates, money primarily to keep our stats correct.  Most of the modifications were for bookings already in house or checked out.

Javed3
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

These changes by ical to reservations that are in house continue, arrival date is changed by one day.  after we go in and put the guest name back into our in house POS, then we get another ical update with no name for same room.  over and over.

Just making sure...did you notify Airbnb by opening a case?  I have mine opened for the last two weeks with little progress (none actually).

Hi - I am reinvigorating this thread. I am having the issue. Is there a fix? What have others done to resolve this issue? I have opened a case with AirBnB but it does not seem to be going anywhere.

Betty105
Level 2
Miami, FL

I heard back from Airbnb and the problem seems to have stopped:

---------------

I've heard back from my teammates, who asked me to let you know that they've documented this issue and truly appreciate your report.

They're investigating the root cause of the problem and working to fix it as quickly as possible, but unfortunately, they were unable to give me an idea of when it would be completely resolved.

---------------

Sound promising...