Airbnb iPhone app login issues

Kent44
Level 1
Martinborough, New Zealand

Airbnb iPhone app login issues

I’m trying to login to my account from an iPhone X and the app gets stuck in a circular loop. 

Every time I try and login using email/password the app directs me to a “Send us a message” screen - which in turn doesn’t allow any messages to be sent. It’s effectively impossible to use the app. I’ve de-installed and reinstalled multiple times, and reset my password multiple times, but the problem is persistent. 

I’m able to login to my account on other iOS devices using the app, or via the website - so this looks like a typical bad code/lack of testing/poor QA issue. Is anyone else having the same problem, or is there a workaround?

39 Replies 39
Jenelyn0
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Hi Kent,

Aww, that's frustrating - That happens to me before what I did is I un-install the Airbnb apps turn OFF my I-phone for few minutes then back on, then re-install the apps again (I believe it's an I-phone glitch, not Airbnb app) Also, please make sure that your iOS software is updated. 

Hope this help, please let me know if this work for my future reference. 

Thanks,

Jen 

Kent44
Level 1
Martinborough, New Zealand

Nope, none of that works. I’ve:

- Restarted the phone

- Reinstalled the app

- Upgraded iOS to 11.4 (latest version)

- Lather, rinse, repeat multiple times.

This is clearly an Airbnb app problem, and effectively makes the latest version of iPhone/iOS unusable for booking accommodation whilst traveling.

Anyone got any practical ideas? Cheers!

Rakesh9
Level 2
San Jose, CA

I'm facing this problem too.

"Every time I try and login using email/password the app directs me to a “Send us a message” screen - which in turn doesn’t allow any messages to be sent. It’s effectively impossible to use the app. I’ve de-installed and reinstalled multiple times, and reset my password multiple times, but the problem is persistent."

I've even tried login with link and that does not work as well. I've also removed the app, restarted the phone, downloaded the app and tried again to no avail. Can someone from Airbnb help us?

Peter1058
Level 2
Riverview, Australia

I have exactly the same problem, restart and reinstall makes no difference. iPhone X. Any solutions?

Michael1998
Level 1
Fremont, CA

Same issue here, iPhone X as well. Issue has persisted despite deletion/reinstallation of app, and even multiple app version updates. I contacted Airbnb support directly and linked them to this thread, hoping for a solution shortly. 

I’m still having problems with it. Restarted iPhobe X, checked for latest iOS version. Nothing seems to work. Just a never ending loop once I login that goes straight to the ‘send us a message’ screen and my only option is to cancel the screen which takes me back to a blank login screen, or I press logout, which takes me back to the same blank login screen. A never ending loop of frustration. Please Airbnb can you provide a solution. 

I've now also downloaded the AirBnB app onto a different iPhone (5) and EXACTLY the same issue. It might be account specific rather than a problem with iPhone X as I can replicate this same problem with a fresh install on the iPhone 5 with my same login credentials.

I've also tried my wife AirBnB app on her iPhone 7S ... and EXACTLY the same problem, so doesn't appear to be an iPhone issue but an AirBnB account issue. Strange thing is the app won't let me fully log in but I can log in on my desktop. Frustrating as I have not been getting any notifcations on my phone since the app has not worked in at least 6 days! Please help AirBnB.

It just may be that the account is locked and I've contacted AirBnB who are looking into it.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Kent44

The silence from Airbnb is deafening.

Everybody is so negative, so the app doesn’t work, what’s the big deal everybody knows the Guests will be so understanding about this.

Anybody has a fix for this issue....??  I'm having the same issue.

Same here. Login via browser no problem. Login via App gives ‘Send us a message’ and no way out. Hope someone knows how to resolve this? Or - even better - AirBNB to fix this bug...

Andy362
Level 2
Winchester, United Kingdom

On IOS...

Settings; Mobile data; scroll down and tick the Airbnb logo towards the bottom of the page. 

Thank you! Worked brilliantly..