Airbnb iPhone app login issues

Kent44
Level 1
Martinborough, New Zealand

Airbnb iPhone app login issues

I’m trying to login to my account from an iPhone X and the app gets stuck in a circular loop. 

Every time I try and login using email/password the app directs me to a “Send us a message” screen - which in turn doesn’t allow any messages to be sent. It’s effectively impossible to use the app. I’ve de-installed and reinstalled multiple times, and reset my password multiple times, but the problem is persistent. 

I’m able to login to my account on other iOS devices using the app, or via the website - so this looks like a typical bad code/lack of testing/poor QA issue. Is anyone else having the same problem, or is there a workaround?

39 Replies 39
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for providing more information @Jennifer1421 , yes this was an issue with the Android captcha. I'm really pleased this is now working well for you and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

Happy app-ing ahead. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

nothing has changed... app not letting me log in

how about for IOS?

Ev12
Level 1
Moosomin, Canada

Hello I have a iPhone 8 and my Airbnb app is not working, can you help me? Thx Marlin Marshall

Taras13
Level 1
Ukraine

Having a similar issue. Can't log in via social networks

Joanne206
Level 2
Jackson Bridge, United Kingdom

Hi there, I'm in iPhone 7 and the app isn't working for me. When I touch the app, the screen goes black and then returns to my (iPhone) home page.  The app on my iPad and laptop is working fine. I've been in touch with Airbnb support, they are investigating. 

Samir151
Level 1
Kolkata, India

Hi Airbnb team, From today am unable to open the Airbnb app on my iPhone 7. Even after uninstall and install it works, but once I logged out am unable to open. please help

Samir151
Level 1
Kolkata, India

Hi Airbnb team, From today am unable to open the Airbnb app on my iPhone 7. Even after uninstall and install it works, but once I logged out am unable to open. However its working fine on Android and desktop browsers. please help

Eyal11
Level 3
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

I found a way to bypass this bug few days ago (on Android) when I could not login with the email details:

1. Login to your account through the website (with your desktop).

2. Click your logo picture -> Account -> Login & Security -> Social Accounts -> Connect your facebook profile to Airbnb.

3. Now go to your application and login by facebook details.

That way I can login the app.

not everybody wants ot link social media accounts. That is not a solution