Airbnb iPhone app login

Dave72
Level 1
Bozeman, MT

Airbnb iPhone app login

The login screen doesn't include Google, just Facebook and "Login".  My Google credentials don't work with the latter and I not on Facebook.

Thanks,

Dave

19 Replies 19
Kevin152
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

I have the same issue...super annoying.

Actually just figured it out...press "more options" and google will pop up

Patrick259
Level 1
St Kilda East, Australia

This still seems to be an issue - and i do not have a 'more options' option. Facebook or email login available only, neither of which I have since i created my login through google. Please AirBnB, give us a Google option - the app is useless to me this way.

The "More Options" is on the first page, the welcome page. Once you click it you'll see Google as an option to log in. I was having the same problem but Kevin's reply made me take another look. It is there, just kind of easy to over look is all.

airbnb-reg-login.png

When I click on the More Options > Google login, it asks me to allow or deny, and when I click either option, I get a pop-up that asks me to open the app store, which dead-ends. Can't log in. 

Any ideas?

Gijs10
Level 1
Heerhugowaard, Netherlands

Just click on "login" at the upper right corner, and a screen whith "email adress" and "password" field will pop up.

Hi Adam, 

I am facing a similar issue. Unable to login to the app using my Google account.

I enter my password and it gets stuck.

Did you find a solution to this?

I had a similar problem logging in via Safari. The problem might not be with the Google or Safari. The problem might be that you are already signed in to airbnb on your phone, via your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and that the app doesn't know how to sign you in again.

To see if this is the problem, go to Google Chrome on your phone; type airbnb.com; check to see if you are aleady signed in (I was and I have no idea how that was the case, but it was); if you are already signed in this way, via your ISP, go to the airbnb logo on the upper left side of your phone, in order to reveal the drop-down menue, where you'll find the option to LOG OUT. Log out of airbnb.

Go back to the home screen of your phone, locate the airbnb app, and sign in using your username and password. It should recognize your credentials.

Good luck

---

Here was my answer to Safari users (same answer, different ISP):

I had this problem too, on my Iphone 5S. I kept getting an error message that said, "these credentials don't seem right" (or some variation of that. I spoke to an Airbnb rep for a while, and this is what finally worked:

Assuming that you have Safari on your Iphone:

1) go to Safari and click on it.

2) type airbnb.com into your URL/browser on your iphone

3) you should discover that airbnb is already open

(at this point, you can just use the site from here, or, if you prefer to resolve the problem with your app, which I highly recommend, assuming that you know your username and password)

4) click the airbnb icon in the upper-left, to access the menu to log out, and LOG OUT.

5) Hit the round home button at the bottom of your iphone, locate your airbnb app and enter your username and password. 

This worked for me. The issue apparently was that airbnb was already open on my phone's url, and couldn't figure out how to open via the app. at the same time.

I hope that this helps.

Lynn143
Level 1
Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal

Yes, Correct solution. I had the same problem.  Though I think if you close all the tabs in Safari as well that may be necessary, and then AirBnB is going to probably send you a 2 step verification code to one of you other devices .....   I have to say that the support center (if you can even ever find the tel #) was not helpful on this issue.   They apprently dont really work for AirBnB bit are outsourced, and keep your fingers crossed that there may be some formal channel for escalating user issues (if you can actally evern speak or email a real support person.

Dams0
Level 1
Boulogne-Billancourt, France

sorry but you're missing the point :

When you try to log in to the App through iphone, it does not prompt you to log in with your Google account. only Facebook (which doesn't work either)

I've tried the log out thing and it doesn't work. I think there is a bug

Nicole610
Level 1
Michigan, United States

I am having this same issue! When I click login with Google, it’s like a pop up tries to come up and then immediately closes. Did you ever figure out what was going on?

That's just poor UX, period. Have the same basic options displayed on both desktop and the mobile app.

Matthew219
Level 1
New York, NY

I am having this same issue - on the more options route - it will not recognize my google email adress

And it also wants access to my address book which i do not want to allow

Christina240
Level 1
Kelowna, Canada

Hello! I hope someone can help me....I am having difficulties with the phone app - is it possible to have two different payment methods as a host? the phone app wont let me put in a bank account number which is what I use on my computer to receive payments. On my phone I had to use paypal. Did I just change my WHOLE system to paypal (gasp!) or just my phone bookings? Thank you for helping me 🙂